Ok.. so what is the best saw?....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Up until I joined this site all I had was my little MS260 PRO. It did everything that I wanted it to do. Big and small, it might take a little while to get through a 28" Ash but it will do it... So I will go with the little MS260 PRO, it is one of my favorite saws.

Ok.. too lazy to look it up. That is a 70cc saw if memory serves me well.. and ported.

Still be a little on heavy side .. unless you got pretty big shoulders..

I am getting a little old I think to haul around that big a saw all day long.

I'm 6'5" and weigh 255 lbs... Thus the 372... :lifter:

Up until I joined this site all I had was my little MS260 PRO. It did everything that I wanted it to do. Big and small, it might take a little while to get through a 28" Ash but it will do it... So I will go with the little MS260 PRO, it is one of my favorite saws.

Ah.. you know many folks do this .. and lots with only a 50 or 60cc saw. In fact, not sure of the stats.. but I would suspect the 50 or 60cc saws are the most sold models there are. Now there are lots of reasons for this I guess.. some marketing.. some because dealers push them.. etc.

Frankly I tend to think that these are likely the most versatile saws.. but wanted to ask.. hence the thread.

Now.. having said that there are some big guys on here who don't mind hauling an extra half dozen pounds of saw around.. so the above assumption would only be good for us smaller guys I guess..

My vote is for a Husky 262xp, don't think there is a much better all around firewood saw....at least till the 562xp is released!

Ah ok.. and likely 25 years old :)

Well I am about five inches shorter.. seventy pound lighter.. and likely a few years older..

But hey if that works then more power to ya.

Agreed... Shorter, lighter, and older... But you forgot one... SMARTER!!!:hmm3grin2orange: I'll pass it on to the boy in a few years...

I fit in the larger and younger category. I can use a 660 with a 30" bar for a couple hours before my arms start getting tired.

Friendly bet to all......this thread will end up like the "which solo is strongest and fastest" thread....a fight will surely happen before the nights over. any takers?
I think I will subscribe to this one as well...he he

I vote for my efco 156....16" 20" 24" 3/8

Last edited:
If only one it would be a 372xpw with a 24in bar and chain. dont mind the weight and love the power. I would miss my 346NE and my 395 though. James

Friendly bet to all......this thread will end up like the "which solo is strongest and fastest" thread....a fight will surely happen before the nights over. any takers?
I think I will subscribe to this one as well...he he

Nah.. no fighting tonight. We all just sitting around drinking tea and having fun..

:sigarette: :knife: :liquor:

I'd go with a 360 type saw. 036, 360, 361 ect. ect. I have had a couple and they do the job. I've progressed to a 260 and 441 for my main saws now. i could survive with the 441 alone, but damn it'd suck to limb with, 360's are just lighter :)

I'd go with a 360 type saw. 036, 360, 361 ect. ect. I have had a couple and they do the job. I've progressed to a 260 and 441 for my main saws now. i could survive with the 441 alone, but damn it'd suck to limb with, 360's are just lighter :)

Yep.. frankly most days the 361 is my go to saw for most things.

Hey just thought I would throw this in I'm 5'10" 160# and can run my 385 with a 32" bar for about 4 or 5 hours before my arms start getting too tired. But then again I also use mine on the ground only and not up in the tree like some of yall on here do for a living I have the greatest respect for all you who climb.

Hey just thought I would throw this in I'm 5'10" 160# and can run my 385 with a 32" bar for about 4 or 5 hours before my arms start getting too tired. But then again I also use mine on the ground only and not up in the tree like some of yall on here do for a living I have the greatest respect for all you who climb.

Well some climbers take some pretty heavy iron up a tree.. I have picture somewhere of a good friend of mine using an 880 up a tree.. (not me mind you).. 361 is biggest I usually take unless I am in the bucket.

MS261 or 372XPW. Dont know that I could pick between the two (I know there is a big size, displacement difference). But, I LOVE them both.

Latest posts

Back