opinions for next saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My 460 will really run.......I got my muffler mod on it (walker style, dual 5/8" pipes put in the corners, and angled to the side. It also has a 8 pin sproket and 20" bar. But why don't you try a husky 385xp.....mine is awesome, and modded..but even though it is still nipping the heels of my MODDED 066/660 in 22" wood........anything smaller and it will turn them inside out. It's really all in what you want to do with it......but for loggin' I like ALL my saws....I use em' all.... My 385 will still pull it's 24" GB titanium bar buried in white oak with no problem what-so-ever......but in stuff like that the 066/660 will do it a little faster. Keep that 385 nestled in the powerband and it will fly....no doubt about it.........:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

dam

Sorry, here is a pic of my 460's muffler............:greenchainsaw:

Same weight as the 441, more powerful, faster.

That said, while I"m a fan of Stihl brand saws myself....Dolmar 7900 would be a even better choice IMO.

I've run a 7900 and it's lighter and has a tad more power than the 460.

I know who has one of them .............:) :)

I tell ya Ultra, I think I am feeling the symtoms of specialized CAD, you know, like you have with all your 66's. I only have two, but find myself comparing all other saws to them, and I get this nervous itch if I don't at least acknowledge them once a day. I even named one Hoss, and I have animals with no names. The 66's just make me feel invinceable, like perfection in the hand with all the power you need. Don't get me wrong, I am very fond of my other saws, but I hold the 66's to a higher standard.

Latest posts

Back