Opinions on a Dolmar Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are still on the fence about the Dolmar saws read the Dolmar thread in the stickies. It will make you want one. I would like to find an anniversary 112. That black and silver paint scheme is purdy....:msp_w00t:

.... A Ps-460 is a 46cc model and will run like a 56cc
Good luck,
mitch95100

That is about the moost odd statement I have ever seen here - what 56cc saw should that be??????:laugh::laugh::msp_confused:

The power to weight of the 460 is even worse than the 510, not good at all!
The positive side of those saws are that they are metal cased saws (but the heavier aluminium and not magnesium), and basically built like a pro saw.

If you are still on the fence about the Dolmar saws read the Dolmar thread in the stickies. It will make you want one. I would like to find an anniversary 112. That black and silver paint scheme is purdy....:msp_w00t:

Actually that is the Fans thread, so it is the one I would trust the least regarding their current saws..........

That is about the moost odd statement I have ever seen here - what 56cc saw should that be??????:laugh::laugh::msp_confused:

The power to weight of the 460 is even worse than the 510, not good at all!
The positive side of those saws are that they are metal cased saws (but the heavier aluminium and not magnesium), and basically built like a pro saw.

I'd guess a MS290. My good 50cc saws blow them away, I can see a good 45cc keeping up. Steve

My BIL, who cuts and burns @12 cord of red oak per year, has been putting his PS510 through way more than I believe it was designed for... with no problems.

:agree2: You can put me down as another fan of the PS-510. Does everything I ask of it, always starts and runs smooth, great firewood saw. If you have need for the pro-version, step up to the 5105. A bit lighter and bit more powerful. I think either would put a smile of your face. :msp_thumbsup:

Dolmar PS-350, PS-420, PS-5105, PS-6400/7300/7900 and the now defunct 9010 are second to NONE!
The PS-510 I think, is far better than the Husq.455 or the 290 Stihl.

Their consumer grade saws are...........................................consumer grade saws.

Mike

Dolmar PS-350, PS-420, PS-5105, PS-6400/7300/7900 and the now defunct 9010 are second to NONE!
The PS-510 I think, is far better than the Husq.455 or the 290 Stihl.

Their consumer grade saws are...........................................consumer grade saws.

Mike

Mike that's one reason I like Dolmar, you always get a pro saw, and you do so at a great price. My brother has a 510 and he loves it. For a guy that doesn't run more than a gallon of fuel through a saw in a year, the weight matters not, that can be said for most IMHO.

Mike that's one reason I like Dolmar, you always get a pro saw, and you do so at a great price. My brother has a 510 and he loves it. For a guy that doesn't run more than a gallon of fuel through a saw in a year, the weight matters not, that can be said for most IMHO.

You just can't go wrong with them. As long as you have a good dealer it makes all the difference.

Back