Opinions on lightweight saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy lockard

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Looking for opinions for a lightweight limbing lighter duty bucking saw have ms261 & 372xp using a homelite that was given to me for the light stuff kind of hate it was looking at ms201 & ms192 rear handle have an opportunity to get ms 201t or 540 xp for a good price won't be up in tree that much though are these still useful on the ground or better off with rear handle looking for good power out of a lightweight saw I guess who isn't thanks for reading and your opinions

560XP would be nice. It is not so light as t540xp of course but it is lot of power!

Look at the Stihl 150t it does well with some mods and is very light I think 7lbs with bar and chain and gas/oil.

If your only cutting up to say 10/12 inches l think your on the right track with an ms201 rear handle. l have one and they are very light/nimble saws. A ms241cm is another option if you need a little more torque but the 201 has good chain speed.

Limbing? Brushing? Lightweight?
Echo, Echo, Echo,,,,cs400, 14" b/c, 300 clams out the door.
Easy to start, bulletproof dependability, plenty of power,,,they claim a 5 year warranty, where you'd collect on that is another issue, not that you'd ever need to worry about it.

I like my Dolmar 421 $329 with free shipping and case. Pro built saw with a magnesium crankcase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the 170 and 192 have the same motor
That's true according to my local Stihl dealer's website, but I found it interesting that the rear handle 192 is more expensive than the top handle model. News to me. The top handle MS192 was my first in-tree saw, but I've since been spoiled with my MS150.

Back