Painting chainsaw mufflers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the product description...."widely used by the automotive industry on exhaust systems, and the aerospace industry for jet engines, re-entry vehicles..."

Did they carry a rattle can on the Space Shuttle for touch up work or maybe parking lot rash? "Houston, we have a problem...maybe we can just buff it out"

In the product description...."widely used by the automotive industry on exhaust systems, and the aerospace industry for jet engines, re-entry vehicles..."

Did they carry a rattle can on the Space Shuttle for touch up work or maybe parking lot rash? "Houston, we have a problem...maybe we can just buff it out"
I was watching some show on NASA engineering, and they said that on the liquid fuel engine, they put "evaporator tubes" around the bell of the engine to both cool the bell and preheat the fuel (or LOX) ... which resulted in "the engine" running at only something like 200°F ... not sure what part of "the engine" they were taking their temperature readings but...

So no you haven't ran a chainsaw in the rain or snow...
Well, I regularly hunt in the rain, and get saltwater spray on the gun, and the gun is nowhere near as hot as the chainsaw muffler (and nowhere near as oily) and my guns don't rust out, so...I dunno.

You must have some hella corrosive rain and snow in Montana. What happens to the paint that's already on the muffler when it leaves the factory? Rain and snow eat that off, too?

Well, I regularly hunt in the rain, and get saltwater spray on the gun, and the gun is nowhere near as hot as the chainsaw muffler (and nowhere near as oily) and my guns don't rust out, so...I dunno.

You must have some hella corrosive rain and snow in Montana. What happens to the paint that's already on the muffler when it leaves the factory? Rain and snow eat that off, too?
So, no you havent..

Latest posts

Back