Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job. Good looking saw. Nice shop too!

Very nice work great job :msp_thumbsup:

that p50 looks good great job:rock:

That looks great! Makes me want to get busy on my P52 & P62 ! LOL Then maybe the P41 & P28? Very nice job!! :msp_thumbsup:

Wow nice saw! And shop! Any help i can get on my cylinder swap post greatly appreciated,take a look..please

Sam, the P50 looks fantastic. :cheers:
Anytime...glad I could help.

thanks guys.... yea it was a little challenge and my first pioneer. I plain on doing many more and Love these old beastes... ya I got a couple Buddy's that are always coming over to use the shop, I'm gonna start making them set appointments, hahhah... also gonna throw a green wennie on this beast.....

Last edited:
Rings for an Hp65? Trade for parts? First build... so close!

Hey guys I had my last three running saws stolen year after year. One day at a junkyard I peeked into a particular dumpster only to find a wide array of saws,mowers, magnesium bodied engines and such. I dug around and pulled out about five saws, pulled the cords and checked em out. bought em at scrap price. Went back religiously for months. Ended up with a bunch but found my favorite ones "Long lost twins" quickly. Well here I am HOOKED. i MEAN i AM STAYING UP AT NIGHT CLEANING, TROUBLESHOOTING,POSTING, RESEARCHING,SWAPPING, GRINDING AND SO ON AND SO FORTH! But she feels so good in my arms! any way theres one bad ass saw. soon i will show my performance mods. But gotta work out the kinks. can be a little embarrassing for a newbie amongst pros and geniuses. Look at my "uncle Remus" Power Parp65, thread if you have time ...still bogging out under load.. Cap vent or reed valve are on my wanted list.

Last edited:
Scoured a pair of Pioneers today.

Amongnst a pile I carried home today I picked out two Pioneers.

A 1110 supposed to be a runner.

attachment.php

And a P40 missing stuff, condition unknown.

attachment.php

Amongnst a pile I carried home today I picked out two Pioneers.

A 1110 supposed to be a runner.

attachment.php

And a P40 missing stuff, condition unknown.

attachment.php

I really like P-40's.:cool2: I may have some parts for that too.

Get that P40 running!! I believe you will be pleasantly surprised with it.
Parts are very common. I've got a crap load of P series saws, I've yet to have the divider come loose on any of them.

Get that P40 running!! I believe you will be pleasantly surprised with it.
Parts are very common. I've got a crap load of P series saws, I've yet to have the divider come loose on any of them.

To paraphrase/mock a famous passage: Yeah tho I put my finger in his fuel opening and search for his oil tank, I will not believe.

Yeah, I've never had one fall out either. Always a first time though.:cool2:

Brown Carb Kit

I am looking for a carb kit for a Pioneer 400. It has the Brown 1-PA carb on it. Any ideas on where I could find a carb kit. There is a Chainsawr site that shows a kit for a CP carb kit, but I am not sure if that will work. Are there any other carbs that could be fitted to this machine that kits are available?

Pioneer 1110

This puppy has a carb. primer pump. That is, unlike many I have worked on, it pushs fuel to the carb. Every one I've messed with so far has pulled fuel from the carb.

Problem is, the darn thing won't pump. Is/was there a repair kit?

The carb. has no choke butterfly making starts proplematic.

John, congrats on the farmsaw. I think 135 is just fine. New they were advertised at 150. Being a reed saw it don't take much.

Pioneer 1110 changeover.

Looking for a carb., a choke rod and the filler piece for the carb. box to change over this 1110 to a manual choke to eliminate the primer pump.

attachment.php

Only way to start it cold now is to prime it a couple times untill it runs steady. Restarts are no problem.

picked up a 620 today, my first Poneer.

This just shows that you need to run down leads even if the sellers description is less than thrilling.

I was expecting a box store Poulan when I pulled up to this house.

He described this saw as a "mid sized yellow Poulan" with a 16 inch bar, not a big saw.

I went to pick it up and it is a Pioneer 620 with a 22" Bar, tons of compression, decent shape, and it ran about 5 years ago when he last used it.

View attachment 239337View attachment 239338View attachment 239339

How did I do:)

Acres says these 620 saws have brown covers, and this one is all yellow. Also, the paint on this saw is very easy to rub off just cleaning the saw, not durable at all.

Back