Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without trying, you came pretty close..:)

317176d1381379117-lhmedium-8.jpg

Sweet!

Help out a Nube

I love my p 51 that my brother in law, a logger, gave me. I've learned which parts I need to stock up on in order to keep this saw running for years to come.(reed block, starter assembly, ignition, etc.) What I am having trouble with is finding a bar. I ordered one on Ebay, and had to send it back, because not only were the mounting stud holes too small(5/16, as opposed to my saw 3/8), but the oiler slot was completely different. Anyone have any ideas as to where I might find a bar? Of course, if anybody knows where I can find a NOS reed block...

I love my p 51 that my brother in law, a logger, gave me. I've learned which parts I need to stock up on in order to keep this saw running for years to come.(reed block, starter assembly, ignition, etc.) What I am having trouble with is finding a bar. I ordered one on Ebay, and had to send it back, because not only were the mounting stud holes too small(5/16, as opposed to my saw 3/8), but the oiler slot was completely different. Anyone have any ideas as to where I might find a bar? Of course, if anybody knows where I can find a NOS reed block...

got big mount husky bar on my p40...

If you have 3/8" why not check out a Homelite mount bar? Oregon D196/D096. A drill press can add a different oiler hole.

There are so many nice Pioneer bars on Epay these days. I've bought a few, has anyone else? Can't beat that quality of that old steel.

Did a ton of cutting this past week on our hunting trip. It felt great. Wish I had a pic or two. Was using a great little 1074 and a 655 with a 36" bar. Talk about overkill.

I finally finished my P52 restoration. It's fully rebuilt with all new parts aside from the cases and covers, a grounding wire and a couple of washers. I'd guess I have over 80 hours into it. The most labour-intensive work is the paint stripping, filling and the constant searching through bags for parts. I'm very pleased with the outcome. Many thanks to Jeff for his help in supplying me with parts I needed.

I finally finished my P52 restoration. It's fully rebuilt with all new parts aside from the cases and covers, a grounding wire and a couple of washers. I'd guess I have over 80 hours into it. The most labour-intensive work is the paint stripping, filling and the constant searching through bags for parts. I'm very pleased with the outcome. Many thanks to Jeff for his help in supplying me with parts I needed.

Absolutely beautiful!

Wow, That is a work of art. Thanks for the great photos.
Hope to pick up a Pioneer saw tomorrow on a road trip

Thanks fellas, I'm glad you guys appreciate the saw. It's really rewarding when it's finally all put together, as good as new.

I found the finishing piece today, a black rear handguard. It's sporting a 28" roller tip with .404 chain. Now I can put it on the shelf to be admired with the others.

Sorry about the lousy pics, I would have taken them outside had it not been snowing all day. Here's a pic of the last piece of the puzzle:

Next up is my trusty old P50. It's been the workhorse of my arborist business for years and deserves a fitting retirement. I'm also in the market for a decent P60.

Back