Poulan Pro 5020 - Anyone Seen One?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, another question: How are the oilers on these Poulans? Are they decent (I'm assuming they will be non-adjustable) or are they going to drip out during storage?

Mine drip, but it's not a big deal to me.

20" bar, the shape of the top cover and recoil. It's a 5020.

I am strongly considering taking a look at it. Of course I would try to get it for less, but there is also a Solo 651SP listed for the same asking price.............decisions...........decisions. Plus this would be a saw to let my oldest son, or his FIL use.

How can you tell? I can't without seeing the other side of the saw.

Didn't say it 100% was, said "it looks like it" based on the pic, plus the description the seller gave with the model number, which I have to ass-ume he read off the side..

Didn't say it 100% was, said "it looks like it" based on the pic, plus the description the seller gave with the model number, which I have to ass-ume he read off the side..

I'd say that's a safe bet since the seller spelled Poulan correctly..........LOL!!!

Jon,

Yes that definitely is a 5020 and if you can score it for $100.00 you would be getting a great deal.
If one like that come up around here for that kind of money, I'll be on it like a settin' hen on a housecat!!!

Mike

Jon,

Yes that definitely is a 5020 and if you can score it for $100.00 you would be getting a great deal.
If one like that come up around here for that kind of money, I'll be on it like a settin' hen on a housecat!!!

Mike

Mike you are a true wordsmith, I shall be including that in my greatest expressions ever.

So would this be the coveted saw? I was thinking about getting this for a loaner/ helper saw.

Chainsaw

Jon,

Mike

Sure looks a 5020. If it is indeed nearly new, $100.00 (or less) would be a good deal.

Is anybody here interested in the Craftsman version? A place near me sold me mine--a Sears return--for a bit under $60.00 (55 + tax). I'm not sure about their stock, or if they'd ship; the fellow I dealt with didn't seem inclined to package & ship. I'm not a sponsor here, and I don't want to step on any toes. I'd gladly help with shipping the saw to you.

i bought one of these about a year ago. havent done much cutting lately. once i tuned it correctly it runs great and starts up quicker than my stihl 260. but take caution on this saw... you will run out of bar oil quicker than fuel... i found that out the hard way:bang:

If you guys only knew where many of your pro saw parts and many whole goods are made you'd scream.

EU has slightly more lenient laws regarding the "Made In" definition.
:jawdrop:

If you guys only knew where many of your pro saw parts and many whole goods are made you'd scream.

EU has slightly more lenient laws regarding the "Made In" definition.
:jawdrop:

Care to enlighten us?

Care to enlighten us?

I think what be's trying to say is everything is made in "china". We new that though didn't we. If I could only buy U.S.A. merchandise I would. I'd prolly be needing a few things. I could count on my hands the stuff Made in the USA at Walmart

I think what be's trying to say is everything is made in "china". We new that though didn't we. If I could only buy U.S.A. merchandise I would. I'd prolly be needing a few things. I could count on my hands the stuff Made in the USA at Walmart

That's what I suspected.

Hey Joe, where do you live? Did you know there is a street named after you in Milo? I will shoot a few pics of the sign next time I am up there if you want. Russ P.S.- I am in Bangor...

Hey Joe, where do you live? Did you know there is a street named after you in Milo? I will shoot a few pics of the sign next time I am up there if you want. Russ P.S.- I am in Bangor...

I live in Norridgewock, but I've been to Milo and have seen the sign. I thought about taking it while in college but decided it wasn't worth it.

I heard that. Taking a sign is a much more serious no no than you might think. I had two buddies get spanked hard for that back in the 70's. Russ

I heard that. Taking a sign is a much more serious no no than you might think. I had two buddies get spanked hard for that back in the 70's. Russ

That was my thought as well. It is a neat sign though.

Back