Price of saws back in the day?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just scanned this from a bunch of literature I got with the stuff from an old dealer I bought out.....Not really cheap in 1979!

I would have taken the full wrap on the 133 for $15.50 though!:hmm3grin2orange:

Dolmarpricelist1.jpg

Inflation Calculator

All of you need to run an inflation calculator to get today's prices. Here is the link: The Inflation Calculator

$100 in 1960 is $750 in 2011

$100 in 1970 is $571 in 2011

$100 in 1980 would be $269 in 2011

I just scanned this from a bunch of literature I got with the stuff from an old dealer I bought out.....Not really cheap in 1979!

I would have taken the full wrap on the 133 for $15.50 though!:hmm3grin2orange:

Dolmarpricelist1.jpg

Thanks for that.

Me thinks they screwed up and listed the 166 as a 115?

Can't imagine a 115 would cost more than a 153.

O bet that was the old CT?

Cool on that 308 too, just got one a few weeks back.

Good saws are about as cheap today as they ever were.

Consider you would have at least a 1/4 if not a 1/3 the price of a new pickup in a top of the line saw back in the late '60s.

Looking at it that way a top of the line saw today should sell for $5000?

Where you seen a new truck for $15-20k

Heck in 98 a top of the line pick up was less than $30k, now you better plan on having another 15k to add to that.

I remember when S-10's were in the $7-9000 or maybe 9-11 for 4x4 extended cab, I don't even wanna know how much a small pick up would cost new now, but its not worth it.

A new Ford pickup in '69 was right at $2000.

RandyMac told of paying around $800 for a new saw in that time frame.

Heck in 98 a top of the line pick up was less than $30k, now you better plan on having another 15k to add to that.

I remember when S-10's were in the $7-9000 or maybe 9-11 for 4x4 extended cab, I don't even wanna know how much a small pick up would cost new now, but its not worth it.

Well Son,

I was talking about when trucks were trucks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not Cadillacs!

Phhfftt,

most people are too scared to put anything in the bed of their new "trucks"!

I don't think you could get a "top of the line" from any of the big 3 for "under $30,000" in 1998.

Not a full blown Diesel 4x4 with all the bells and whistles.

Back in the early 80s my grandma and my mother chipped in and bought my grandpa a brand new Olympyk 254. they payed $400 for it. Still runs good today.

Homelite prices somewhere around 1975 or1976

Had to dig out my old brochure:

XL-AUTO 10" $109.00

XL-2 AUTO 12" $129.00

150 AUTO 14" $179, 16" $184

SUPER EZ-AUTO 16" $229.95

XL-12 16" $219.95

SXL-AUTO 16" $249.95

My dad & I went halfies on the Super XL Auto. I stihl have it & still love it to this day. Some twenty years after that purchase, the curiosity about the slightly lighter Super EZ, finally got to me when I found one that a widow was selling. It's a little slower but much lighter after an afternoon of cutting and will always be among my favorites. I love that saw so much that I found & bought a brand new, never fueled, NOS unit a few years back. I doubt if I will wear out one, let alone two. Have always used the best oil I could find for mixing and I have had NO issues. Also, have never made more than two cuts in a row with dull chain.:laugh: DW

Well Son,

I was talking about when trucks were trucks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not Cadillacs!

Phhfftt,

most people are too scared to put anything in the bed of their new "trucks"!

That makes me mad too when people are scared to use em. Its a pickup. It is meant to be beat the hell out of. So many people in my area (select few who have cash) have them new Silverado's. They put the toppers on em and baby em. Makes me laugh. Majority of my friends, family, and me still have them old 2500 Silverado's from the early-mid 90s. Then some have them 90s F-150s. We beat the hell out of them from day one and there still around.

Just because it's big and ugly dont mean it's old. :D

Reminds me of the goons selling their Mac 15's made up through the eightys and saying they were made in the 30's or 40's. :jester:

Dolmor CT
CIMG4561.jpg

mo likey.

I be old and ugly too!

Latest posts

Back