pricing tree removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAESANO_LAWN

Reaction score
can anyone tell me what to charge for tree removal many sizes 25' down to 8' plus some bushes. do you prise by the foot? not removing the stump they want it drilled and chemically killed.

thanks joe.:confused:

Trees are $10 per foot, bushes are $5 each and chemical stump treatment is $3 per drill hole.

How do you price any of your other work? You have to be able to turn a profit. If you try to get $75/mhr you'll be undercut by someone who does it regularly.

If it is a land clearing you can rent a site prep machine for just under a grand a day, then one man can mow down all the 12 in and under.

Your best bet is to get some help from a tree company you deal with and trust not to undercut you. Bring them in as a sub and have them help with the estimating. Then you deal with the contract negotiations.

How do you price any of your other work?

If it is a land clearing you can rent a site prep machine for just under a grand a day, then one man can mow down all the 12 in and under.

Your best bet is to get some help from a tree company you deal with and trust not to undercut you. Bring them in as a sub and have them help with the estimating. Then you deal with the contract negotiations.

I really hate seeing people rent a machine and have no clue about clearing a lot. I see so many "bombs" that go off on lot clearing and many are the lawn guys or construction workers who decide to take a job with no skill or experience. I firmly believe you shouldn't practice on someone elses land unless they know you are practicing! I don't even want to think about the inherent dangers of brush mowers and heavy equipment versus tall trees.

I agree with bringing in an experienced tree company to help. That how I made some great contacts..working as a sub and vice-versa when I need large trees felled or climbing.

Do you know how to remove trees?

Before you know how to price, you should know how it's done, otherwise you will miss things that matter. A 30foot maple in the wires is more work than a sixty foot Oak in the middle of nowhere. Be sure not to give a lowball price, and not be able to do the work, which in turn will end up in someone else doing their work at your price, which is not enough to make money, therefor it is not a reputable company, but a lowballing hack that does the work, gets hurt or killed, or does a poor job, and make all of us hard woking arborists look like hacks!!!:angry:

Latest posts

Back