Project pipe the echo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it. How does it balance? Also we need one with no silencer.
With the silencer on its right side heavy without it it's ok. IL be wedging the pipe a bit more to bring it closer to the saw. IL get a vid hopefully soon of it running without a silencer

Still nice job. I'm betting that pipe is helping that saw a good bit more then a box muffler. I really want one for my jonny 630 seeing you put them on a stock saw tells me a pit bike pipe would rock on a modded one.

Still nice job. I'm betting that pipe is helping that saw a good bit more then a box muffler. I really want one for my jonny 630 seeing you put them on a stock saw tells me a pit bike pipe would rock on a modded one.
I do have a pocket bike pipe on a poulan 46cc it works pretty good

Attachments

• 20160124_135354.jpg
    20160124_135354.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
How hoed would it be to weld the pipes with a mig welder. I weld sheet metal all the time so I figured I would try.

How hoed would it be to weld the pipes with a mig welder. I weld sheet metal all the time so I figured I would try.
I used a might with Flux core wire. If I would have had my friends gas bottle here I would have used smaller wire. Flux core is messy and gets lots of spatter that likes to find its way to my tungsten wedding ring

Do it up. If you work with sheet metal there is another way called hydro forming and it looks like fun. The guy on this vid reminds me of me lol

Very good. I think I'd be a bit nervous doing that hydro forming. It be my luck to have sheet metal shrapnel in my face. I bet just about any pipe will help out a motor better then a box.

Very good. I think I'd be a bit nervous doing that hydro forming. It be my luck to have sheet metal shrapnel in my face. I bet just about any pipe will help out a motor better then a box.
The thing about hydro vs air water or oil can't compress so when a leak does happen it's just a spray of fluids. If you pump 1 gallon of water I to a container that's all that it will hold. Air can compress and keep building until something let's loose and that's when **** hits the fan. So using a liquid youl be perfectly fine without a blast shield

Right on I like it. I wonder how much psi from a pressure washer it would take? Also I'd then have to weld on a stinger and manifold. I'm betting it would have to pretty dam thin for it to work well.

Back