Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't look redneck to me, Jerry. Nice saw.

Thanks, I mulled over cutting and welding in a piece between the arm and the ,Flag, but this method allowes for the arm to be returned to original if I ever come across a chainbrake setup for the wrap handle.
This saw originally came to me from B.C. , fellow member Parris was kind enough to send it my way. With help on parts from members Jockey Deuce and Nicksterdermis it is now a runner, so thanks to all who helped out on this project.
Pioneerguy600

Nice work.

The full wrap gives it a menacing appearance whilst savoir-faire bristles, from stem to stern .

Come, tout de suite Jason; throw on ya hockey mask and let's see what ya got kinda panache.

The brake handle did not want to mount up with the full wrap front handle, there was clearance problems between the black plastic ,Flag, and the top of the fullwrap so I worked with what I had and made up an extender from a piece of 3/16 high tensile aluminum, kinda redneck but it works real good.

alaska%202010%20152.jpg

Pioneerguy600

That's awesome Jerry! Your gona make me cry though:cry::cry:

I'm glad you got it going. Looks real good. Love the full wrap!

Looks great wiv that nice shiny new bar and handle

just took my new well new to me 120s up the woods, logged up two trees in no time at all, runs a dream and starts very well, just have to watch the compression on Dolmar's must be like 300psi by the feel on the pull cord???

anyway I like um !!!

Just didn't seem to get a lot of chain oil, adjusted it, no difference, is there a problem on these or a quick fix anybody knows???

With the help from a couple of members I got the 133 all together and running, it was a rainy day here yesterday so a few hours in the shop working on the 133 got it to where its at now. It still needs a tank pickup/vent fitting to be complete but it will run, just don`t tip it on its side. LOL

alaska%202010%20151.jpg

alaska%202010%20153.jpg

alaska%202010%20154.jpg

Pioneerguy600

Very nice 133 Jerry. :clap:

Looks great wiv that nice shiny new bar and handle

just took my new well new to me 120s up the woods, logged up two trees in no time at all, runs a dream and starts very well, just have to watch the compression on Dolmar's must be like 300psi by the feel on the pull cord???

anyway I like um !!!

Just didn't seem to get a lot of chain oil, adjusted it, no difference, is there a problem on these or a quick fix anybody knows???

Is the bar oil hole clean and open?
After that the clutch would have to come off and the oiler removed to check out if the hose connection is tight on the pump, often the pickup screen on the hose in the tank gets plugged up with sawdust or other gunk, wash out the tank really well with varsol/ paint thinner etc and it may clear the screen but most often the hose must be removed from the oil pump end and given a good cleaning.
Pioneerguy600

Last edited:
Thanks for that P.G, might give it that wash out first, see if that helps?
never worked on a Dolmar before I'll see if I can get the IPL sometimes that helps with disassembly

Love that bar BTW I want one! makes my 20" look weedy even with the same logo!

The brake handle did not want to mount up with the full wrap front handle, there was clearance problems between the black plastic ,Flag, and the top of the fullwrap so I worked with what I had and made up an extender from a piece of 3/16 high tensile aluminum, kinda redneck but it works real good.

alaska%202010%20152.jpg

Pioneerguy600

That turned out really nice, Jerry!!!

Nothing wrong with that.......That would be considered "Pro Redneck"!!:cheers:

Tank vent is in the mail Jerry. That's a great looking saw BTW. :cheers:

Thanks,..I am still trying to figure out how the vent part works. It is missing on my saw but the IPL shows some type of sleeve over the spigot but gives no idea of what it is made from or how it works.
Pioneerguy600

Thanks for that P.G, might give it that wash out first, see if that helps?
never worked on a Dolmar before I'll see if I can get the IPL sometimes that helps with disassembly

Love that bar BTW I want one! makes my 20" look weedy even with the same logo!

I got that bar from an eBay seller that does sell a lot of bars, it was the only new big mount bar with the Sachs Dolmar logo that I could find on short notice. I have a good many big mount Stihl bars that would fit the SD but it is such a nice lil saw it deserved a new OEM bar. It does have a new Stihl chain on it, I made it up from a new reel of chisel.

Pioneerguy600

That turned out really nice, Jerry!!!

Nothing wrong with that.......That would be considered "Pro Redneck"!!:cheers:

Thanks to you for providing that brake and clutch cover, the extender I made was a quick and less invasive adaptation than cutting and welding in a piece, it could be returned to original easily. The brake arm for a full wrap must be a hard item to find.
Pioneerguy600

Thanks,..I am still trying to figure out how the vent part works. It is missing on my saw but the IPL shows some type of sleeve over the spigot but gives no idea of what it is made from or how it works.
Pioneerguy600

I'm at a loss as well, these both had the spout, but no covers. I hope they will help you.

Pioneerguy600

the IPL says the vent hose is a sleeve 8.2mm x 16mm but they would actually shrink and crack I would use some 5/16 fuel line and slide a small piece of mechanics wire between the sleeve and the barb so the tank would still breathe and keep the fuel drip to a minimum

Scott

the IPL says the vent hose is a sleeve 8.2mm x 16mm but they would actually shrink and crack I would use some 5/16 fuel line and slide a small piece of mechanics wire between the sleeve and the barb so the tank would still breathe and keep the fuel drip to a minimum

Scott

Thanks for that Scott,..I will give this problem a little thought and possibly come up with a fix, possibly a little different than what Dolmar did. Will post a pict of whatever I come up with.

Pioneerguy600

It has the plastic "hump" handle/clutch cover of the 540. I'm not sure what the 115 looked like.

There's a SA inside a clrcle in the second pic & I'm sure that's what he was talking about when he said he saw a SI in the "warn" label.

He eliminated the i possibility when he said he pulled the choke out to kill the motor.
---------------------------------

Geeze Louise the 115 looks the same.

http://www.landundforstversand.com/...5A/7C8A/3A0F/A983/C0A8/28BC/51F5/IMGP1634.JPG

I guess a serial number or product code is needed to distinguish twixt the twain.

I've read the 115 had a little more umph, over the 540, due in part to a better carburetor or maybe that was the 115i.

Last edited:
Back