Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have guessed 111 as I remember them with the round clutch cover and plastic arm . ??

Can`t say I ever seen a 115 with that style of labelling on starter side and that style of clutch cover. It is definitely not a Si as it has the pull style of choke.
Pioneerguy600

That choke lever was used on the 115i and the 111i it could be injection start with the Till HU carb. the "Si mentioned could be 5i as in 115i a clearer pic of the rs of the saw would help. I am foggy about the PS540/111N plastic handle being on a injection start saw..

Scott

That choke lever was used on the 115i and the 111i it could be injection start with the Till HU carb. the "Si mentioned could be 5i as in 115i a clearer pic of the rs of the saw would help. I am foggy about the PS540/111N plastic handle being on a injection start saw..

Scott

Thanks for clearing that up for us Scott, it is great to have some on here that knows these little details about each model run that Sach Dolmar made.:cheers:

Pioneerguy600

Had a little time on Saturday afternoon to pull out a few saws and do some work on them Glad to report that the 133 is now fully functional and certainly is a wood ripper. It has abnormally high compression so I will have to now take the P&C out for a closer examination, I have noticed it is running without a base gasket. Thanks again to Mastermind for helping with parts, tank vents this time. :clap::clap:

Pioneerguy600

This 133 had sheared its flywheel key more than once before I got it so I just wanted to get it running, well it sheared the key twice on me since it first started. Instead of tossing the flywheel I used some valve grinding compuound and reseated the flywheel to the crankshaft. By applying a liberal coat of compuond on both the shaft and inside the flywheel, then putting it in place on the crankshaft, turning it both left and right by hooking up a battery drill to the flywheel puller and running it at slow speed for 30 secs each way, did this three cycles. Removed all the compound with brake cleaner and blew out with comp air. Put in new key and retorqued the flywheel nut, ran the saw up and down the power range with quick bursts from idle to WOT several times, also switched off the saw and repeatedly restarted it, no more flywheel shearing, all is good.

Pioneerguy600

Here's a gold plated 116 dolmar....funny color, but it seems original. Just a pity it's not real gold....:chainsaw:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Got my 133 out today. We filled my brothers wagon and my ole Dodge.

He is going to send me a few pics of the load since i forgot to take some myself.

here's the 133 pullin' stumpin' duty,

attachment.php

Yeah,

she rolls with a 24" bar, 8 pin sprocket and .404 Stihl chain.

She likes to eat!

My 143 is, well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 10cc bigger, and wears a 20" .375 8 pin.

Last edited:
Also got a 120 Super the other day.

It runs real good too, had it out, but the front mount is broke, and the bar (original) is shot.

attachment.php

Ash,

Them damned green bugs have them all dead, or dying.:cry:

The first tree "stumpin" was a Silve Maple I believe.

Silver lining is, I will have a bunch of timbers for my man cave!

Ash,

Them damned green bugs have them all dead, or dying.:cry:

The first tree "stumpin" was a Silve Maple I believe.

Silver lining is, I will have a bunch of timbers for my man cave!

Dang bugs, havn`t hit here yet, hope they don`t but with our winters gettin so mild I look to see many pests get this far north in years to come.
Get them down before they go punky and they are still useable, gone to mill that one?

Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back