Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"So now Batesville, ar. has a new chainsaw dealer.... Any advice on selling saws or preset tuning on models like 5100 or any info. would be great thanks."

Head south, right past the dirt track, to Locust Grove and have a chat w/Clay Lancaster.

He knows a thing or two about small motors and has a couple of new Dolmars laying around..
How close to Locust Grove is Heber Springs? I saw someone there had SD's, used one or two for sale.....Know who that would be?

Awesome thread

Haven't been on much lately so I just found this thread. What a find it is.
With all the old brochures that have been posted I was looking for the 105 and also the 540, 6000, 6800 vintage brochures but didn't see them. Anyone have them to post?

Had the 133 out and ran 2 tanks of fuel through it, got the bar dirty... LOL

alaska%202010%20219.jpg

alaska%202010%20220.jpg

alaska%202010%20221.jpg

Pioneerguy600

That's a nice pile of fire starter and the saw looks like it's ripping pretty darn good !

:cheers:

I gathered up nearly a box load from the dry maple I was ripping up, I am still burning it this very minute, still got about 4 plastic 5 gallon cans rammed tightly full, it burns great. The average strand/noodle in that pile is 8" or better, that 133 hauls the mail. LOL

Pioneerguy600

is the 133 as big as can be fitted on that series of chassis? i see references to upgrading a 123 to the 133, but i heard it from a pretty knowledgeable fellow that a 143 (??) will fit. if so, are P/C of either of these sizes available?

is the 133 as big as can be fitted on that series of chassis? i see references to upgrading a 123 to the 133, but i heard it from a pretty knowledgeable fellow that a 143 (??) will fit. if so, are P/C of either of these sizes available?

The 123, 133, 133 Super and 143 are all built on the same chassis, all the strokes are supposed to be 40 mm so I would also say yes it would be possible. Even the carbs and isolation blocks look to be the same.

Pioneerguy600

123 and 133 shared lower end and the 133 super and 143mx shared lower ends. Yes a 143 top end will fit but it will tear the bearings right out of the lower end the 133s and 143 had heavier bearings roller inlew of ball. The intake manifolds and carbs and air filters also varied depending on age and model..

Scott

123 and 133 shared lower end and the 133 super and 143mx shared lower ends. Yes a 143 top end will fit but it will tear the bearings right out of the lower end the 133s and 143 had heavier bearings roller inlew of ball. The intake manifolds and carbs and air filters also varied depending on age and model..

Scott

So if the bearings were also changed it would be possible to do the swap? All of us modders can adapt carbs, filters and the like.

Pioneerguy600

Only thing better than a 133 in that family of saws,

attachment.php

is the 143, 10cc more, same weight.

attachment.php

Runs with an 066 all day, when's the last time you heard of a $200 runnin' 066?

Had the 133 out and ran 2 tanks of fuel through it, got the bar dirty... LOL

Pioneerguy600

I gathered up nearly a box load from the dry maple I was ripping up, I am still burning it this very minute, still got about 4 plastic 5 gallon cans rammed tightly full, it burns great. The average strand/noodle in that pile is 8" or better, that 133 hauls the mail. LOL

Pioneerguy600

Nice saw Jerry!!

Latest posts

Back