Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Will,..it has turned out to be a real nice saw, I was not going to run it with that new bar on it but got the better of me. I will clean it up and retire it now that it runs that good. Got lots of new projects to move on to.

Pioneerguy600

That's really great Jerry, I'm real glad it went to you. But ya know. I feel it every time you post a pic of that saw!! Ah well, I'm real happy for ya on that saw. I'm sure your enjoying it!! It's looking really nice! Man I really have to get to my 143 soon.

That's really great Jerry, I'm real glad it went to you. But ya know. I feel it every time you post a pic of that saw!! Ah well, I'm real happy for ya on that saw. I'm sure your enjoying it!! It's looking really nice! Man I really have to get to my 143 soon.

I can put my projects on hold if you want to send me that 143.
The 133 will now be put up on the shelf queen area so you won`t have to look at picts of it again.

Pioneerguy600

Sorry, you know how it is,

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Got two more coming on the brown truck next week.

Hell Jerry,

That's why it took me so long, Had the recoil sittin' in super hot water and dawn.

Screwed it on gave it a couple drops O' fuel, and she came to life (after pullin' the rope out of my fingers once)

I got that si and the Super parts saws for 100 bucks, the 120si need a carb cover, clutch cover and a couple screws. (hell I bought them mostly for the full wraps)

The rings were stuck and it had some light scoring on the exhaust side.

I ordered a piston kit from Leo in Greece (the other is salvagable and will no doubt get a pop-up welded on) I'm a Sachs Dolmar junkie!

They are great saws to be a junkie on, I have a lot of years on me running them and working them over, way more years than I really want to remember.
Just had my 120 Super out last Friday cutting up a truckload of hardwood, cut up 3 cords or a little better with it. Tomorrow I have a couple of close tolerance felling trees that need to come down. The SD will be there to do the lions share of the work.

Pioneerguy600

Here's a nice Ash I took down a few weeks back (borer killed)

Used the 133 with 25" .404, she put it down right on target!

attachment.php

attachment.php

new dolmars

i hear everybody talkin about the older dolmars but what about the new ones? i just recently purchased a ps 510 and love it.been cutting 36 to 40 inch red oaks and the saw does very well.just wondering. i hear a lot of people talk about the the 5100s but since they changed the rev limitto 13500 just like the 510 i dont see much of a difference between the two.thus the reason i bought the 510,100 dollars cheaper.

Back