Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about Duel 166's

[video=youtube_share;67OK_LEuKyI]http://youtu.be/67OK_LEuKyI[/video]

[video=youtube_share;GpLXK2-_4yg]http://youtu.be/GpLXK2-_4yg[/video]

[video=youtube;EHKbDZyCIrk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHKbDZyCIrk[/video]

[video=youtube;U_79sql4WA8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_79sql4WA8[/video]

Sachs Dolmar 115 year 1987

Hi guys,

I tried posting this in the “Beg for Manuals Thread” with no luck, so I thought I’d give this thread a try. I'm trying to locate a workshop manual and illustrated parts list for a Sachs Dolmar 115, model year 1987. This model has the single post chain brake. I found manuals for newer models, but haven’t been able to track down anything for the 1987.

Thanks,

Mark

A note on the video. I mentioned it somewhere so if it was here, I apologize but that "branch" I'm cutting came off of an 85" DBH Silver Maple I have it my backyard. It broke off about 15' from the trunk and what came down was still over 60'. After I finish getting split up, I get to restack the 4 cords it knocked over.

i was wonderin how you got that thing so close to your wood pile. all you gotta do is cut and throw. BTW nice saw. hope to see it at gtg.

Hi guys,

I tried posting this in the “Beg for Manuals Thread” with no luck, so I thought I’d give this thread a try. I'm trying to locate a workshop manual and illustrated parts list for a Sachs Dolmar 115, model year 1987. This model has the single post chain brake. I found manuals for newer models, but haven’t been able to track down anything for the 1987.

Thanks,

Mark

I have an '04 IPL that goes back to the injector carb models (115i) so that should cover it.

PM me your email address.

[edit] having a quick look through it, it has the dual mount brake, so maybe not ?

Last edited:
I have an '04 IPL that goes back to the injector carb models (115i) so that should cover it.

PM me your email address.

[edit] having a quick look through it, it has the dual mount brake, so maybe not ?

Thanks, but I don't think the '04 IPL will be much help. The model I have does not have the injector carb.

I think I just got shown up.

Actually I like your video better. Your 166 is actually doing work, not just cookie cutting. You might of had an advantage with the species of wood you were cutting, but the saw looked to dig down thru it quicker.

Marty

What goes around, comes around.

Good luck with your saw. As for your question, I would have cheated neither the seller nor the future buyers. You on the other hand broke the rules of your ebay membership, as did the seller. What ever you feel is up to you, justice has been served.

You make your own luck, justice, and laws when it comes to whatever you can get away with online. I doubt any of us are much beholden to EBay, and I will be damned if they are gonna tell me how to spend my money if I have options otherwise. And I sure as hell would step on the likes of you without so much as a second thought if it would get me a decent deal on line.

It took me about a week but I just finished reading every post in this thread. Jerry it was a great idea to start this thread. I learned a lot about the history behind these great saws.

All that I am waiting for is the base gasket for my 114 and I will have it running it again. My dad bought it new and I bought it from him with a seized piston about 15 to 20 years ago. It had a leak in the manifold to cylinder gasket then and seized idling on a stump. I was able to save the cylinder that time and with a new piston and gaskets I had it running. Because of old gas and probably a too lean H screw adjustment I lost the P&C this spring. It took some searching but I found a good used one through chainsawr.

What's the scoop on the 114's? I see a lot of mention and pics of 112's but hardly a mention of the 114 which uses the same P&C. Now that I have seen one I want one of those anniversary model 112's. I like the black and silver paint job.

You make your own luck, justice, and laws when it comes to whatever you can get away with online. I doubt any of us are much beholden to EBay, and I will be damned if they are gonna tell me how to spend my money if I have options otherwise. And I sure as hell would step on the likes of you without so much as a second thought if it would get me a decent deal on line.

Yes, sadly that is the world we live in, it just warmed my heart a little when Karma fell into place on this one.

Peoples WORD is very rare today, thankfully most on this site still have the grasp.

You are right russh, There isn't much talk of the 114.
Seems most bought the 112 back then. The 112 was
a little cheaper than the 114 with the same size motor.
The 114 had a bit more power with it's electronic ignition.
I have a 114 and it has been a good little saw.
You can always make a base gasket for yours. I make
them all the time.

Lee

It took me about a week but I just finished reading every post in this thread. Jerry it was a great idea to start this thread. I learned a lot about the history behind these great saws.

All that I am waiting for is the base gasket for my 114 and I will have it running it again. My dad bought it new and I bought it from him with a seized piston about 15 to 20 years ago. It had a leak in the manifold to cylinder gasket then and seized idling on a stump. I was able to save the cylinder that time and with a new piston and gaskets I had it running. Because of old gas and probably a too lean H screw adjustment I lost the P&C this spring. It took some searching but I found a good used one through chainsawr.

What's the scoop on the 114's? I see a lot of mention and pics of 112's but hardly a mention of the 114 which uses the same P&C. Now that I have seen one I want one of those anniversary model 112's. I like the black and silver paint job.

Like one of these;

IMG_1357.jpg

Yes, sadly that is the world we live in, it just warmed my heart a little when Karma fell into place on this one.

Peoples WORD is very rare today, thankfully most on this site still have the grasp.

Yep. Some people have different priorities. My word and my ethics are more important to me than a good deal on a saw. Being cutthroat for the sake of a few bucks isn't why I'm "into" old saws YMMV....

Back