Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted this saw in the general forum but thought
i belonged here as well.
I picked up this Dolmar CT from a fellow member.
It needed only a good cleaning and a minor carb
adjustment. Runs nice and pulls like a frieght train.

Lee

2100CTfromRic001-1.jpg

2100CTfromRic002-1.jpg

2100CTfromRic003-1.jpg

i belonged here as well.

Lee

Another old classic Lee, great old solid magnesium brute force saw.

I've been meaning to ask.......................what are those lines that run to/from the starter for? Seen them on old S/D saws as well as a couple other Euro saws from the same era.

i belonged here as well.

Lee

2100CTfromRic001-1.jpg

2100CTfromRic002-1.jpg

2100CTfromRic003-1.jpg

Nice score on the CT and of course the Homelite 2100 Lee. Those CT's have really nice lines, and I hope to someday find one.

Well done,

Chris.

Nice CT you have got there Lee.
And with:heart: full wrape handle:heart:

Have you seen that this saw is bild up out 2 diffrent saws.
75% is from Dolmar CT 115/1 old paint(spraid)
underpartright and sprocketcover are from a CT 115/2 with beter paint(powdercote)

Marco

yeah you could make a gasket or you could go without a gasket

Say, Jerry.....any idea if the Makita 520i I have would have enough squish room to run without a gasket? Or, would I have to modify the port/s? I'm still reading about all that and not real clear on it.

And, would anyone know the factory carb settings on the 520i (= 111i)?

Say, Jerry.....any idea if the Makita 520i I have would have enough squish room to run without a gasket? Or, would I have to modify the port/s? I'm still reading about all that and not real clear on it.

And, would anyone know the factory carb settings on the 520i (= 111i)?

from my reading here on AS you can safely run a saw with as little as 0.020" of squish. you need to measure your squish before you can determine whether to run without a gasket or not. running without a gasket shouldn't have that much impact on your closing and opening times/degrees; should be negligible. i'm not an expert on this but i did sleep in a holiday inn express one time. anyone else got thoughts on this?

from my reading here on AS you can safely run a saw with as little as 0.020" of squish. you need to measure your squish before you can determine whether to run without a gasket or not. running without a gasket shouldn't have that much impact on your closing and opening times/degrees; should be negligible. i'm not an expert on this but i did sleep in a holiday inn express one time. anyone else got thoughts on this?

Yeah, I'd read about needing to find the squish. Wasn't aware of the minimum .020", though......thanks. I was hoping somebody might already know how much squish there is seeing as the 111, atleast, was fairly common to AS folks. No matter. :D

Thanks for the carb info, Warped5.:rock:

Yeah, I'd read about needing to find the squish. Wasn't aware of the minimum .020", though......thanks. I was hoping somebody might already know how much squish there is seeing as the 111, atleast, was fairly common to AS folks. No matter. :D

Thanks for the carb info, Warped5.:rock:

because of manufacturing differences the squish is gonna be different for every saw you ever pick up so the squish for joe sh!ts 111 is gonna be different than joe schmucks 111. best to measure your own; especially before taking saw apart.

The base gasket for my 114 was in the mail today and I just got done taking it for a test cut.:msp_thumbup: It is starting and running like new again. I will post some pics when I get my new phone. The camera crapped out in the one that I have now.

Latest posts

Back