Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks as well as I always enjoy such. Not to whine, yet I can't hardly read the text even if I enlarge it one size.

Just a tad blurry even w/specs that would normally clean-up/focus fine print, for me.

Guess I need the big letters/bold type version for geriatrics or possibly I can snag a set of mail order coke bottle glasses...

Thanks as well as I always enjoy such. Not to whine, yet I can't hardly read the text even if I enlarge it one size.

Just a tad blurry even w/specs that would normally clean-up/focus fine print, for me.

Guess I need the big letters/bold type version for geriatrics or possibly I can snag a set of mail order coke bottle glasses...

You don`t read the instructions,do you!! LOL.
Just pullin your chain.
I had a bit of a hard time reading the text also but I got all from it that I needed to clear up exactly how the injector works. I have dismantled one of mine and inspected closely but could not see all the passages like I can in that cutaway pict. My Tillotson Master catalogue does not have the Si carbs in it either.

Pioneerguy600

Looks like on vacume sucks fuel rite off the inlet,pretty simple.

Looks like on vacume sucks fuel rite off the inlet,pretty simple.

I gotta show this article to a fellow that brings his 111 over occasionally to get it serviced. The saw may have 4-5 hours on it but he is a meticulous sort that needs it serviced if used or not. He still belives his saw is fuel injected, the dealer told him so back when he bought it new, dealer closed up and moved so he brings it to me. I can`t convince hin it is not fuel injected but maybe he will believe the article Scott posted, then again maybe not. LOL.
Pioneerguy600

Dolmar 6000i air filter rebuild

Today after cutting and taking care of the saws i was tinkering with some little home owner saw that needed an air filter foam..
dint have any foam but had filter material from some engine i dont remember..sorta black colered and very free flowing but looks like would stop dust no problem..
THEN i saw the filter for the 6000i with NOTHING left on it but screen big enough to let a fly in.. i been looking for a filter but had a hard time just going out and paying $25 for a filter for free dumpster find.. so i opted to wait and see what came up,being the cheap SOB that i am !! .. ok,lets call it "frugal" :) . or maybe call it buy food and gas to cut wood ??
So i went on to the dolmar filter,taking it apart in it's two halves i trimmed the material to fit a but snug with some compression when the filter put back together..the material compressed nicely and filled the filter completelly..
i left the opening around the carb intake also..i tried blowing through it and it seems to have no air resitance..you can put it up to a light and not see anything theu it tho !!.it is from some kind of gas motor tho,i wish i could remember what so i could get some more !! this is not the squishy foam type stuff.
i know,re-inventing the wheel again just like the coil thing i did last week :(
now to come up with something for the 111 that needs a filter..

attachment.php

Tuning 6000i in wood,opinion ??

For some reason on this saw i just cant hear it like i should..
i dont know if it is because it's loud or the unique sound of the saw..
even tho i have a hearing disability i usually can tell when a saw stops four strocking in the cut,but this one i cant !!
sometimes when i watch a video i make i can tell but still not on this one..
must have something to do with the tone..
i know this is a small piece of wood but it is a crotch of wild cherry and looking at it you can see what i mean when i say it is HARD !! like a piece of concrete.. so it should make the saw work hard enough to clean up in the cut..
The hi jet is set at a little less than 3/4 turn out,should be closer to one turn out but it still sounds like it's burbling in the air at WOT..
can anybody hear this better than me ??

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T-h8aGsK3EQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T-h8aGsK3EQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

It is cleaning out in the cut, although it is still plenty fat it is safer there than too lean. I would run that saw another 1/8 turn leaner on the H but then I have a lot of years experience on the SD saws in that size range and can hear every little change in them, ie , from cold in the morning to warm afternoon, high pressure day to low pressure storm front etc.

Pioneerguy600

Tnx guys,dont know why i cant hear this one..
i was also thinking to lean it a tad more but at LESS than 3/4 turn out another 1/8 turn would put it about 1/2 turn out,,hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
maybe just leave it as is ? :)
tnx..

Tnx guys,dont know why i cant hear this one..
i was also thinking to lean it a tad more but at LESS than 3/4 turn out another 1/8 turn would put it about 1/2 turn out,,hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
maybe just leave it as is ? :)
tnx..

What type of air filter are you using? The nylon mesh one breathes best.

Pioneerguy600

Jerry,using the air filter i made up that is on the previouse page of this thread.

Missed that post some how, not sure how well that filter breathes but did you run the saw first without that filter material in it.? In the vid your saw sounds rich, the way they sound with a clogged filter.
Pioneerguy600

Missed that post some how, not sure how well that filter breathes but did you run the saw first without that filter material in it.? In the vid your saw sounds rich, the way they sound with a clogged filter.
Pioneerguy600

the filter is VERY free flowing,i couldnt tell any diff tuning with NO filter on it and with this filter material in it..
i guess maybe run it a bit and check the plug ??
the saw runs and responds well enough i wouldnt think carb work would be needed as i never did any...maybe i should run it thru the USC and give it a kit and then check it..
yeh,,think that is what i will do before i try to sort it out any further...
will probly STILL need a better ear to help tune on THIS one !! :)

the filter is VERY free flowing,i couldnt tell any diff tuning with NO filter on it and with this filter material in it..
i guess maybe run it a bit and check the plug ??
the saw runs and responds well enough i wouldnt think carb work would be needed as i never did any...maybe i should run it thru the USC and give it a kit and then check it..
yeh,,think that is what i will do before i try to sort it out any further...
will probly STILL need a better ear to help tune on THIS one !! :)

Ok, let us know when and if you do a carb rebuild.

Pioneerguy600

Sachs 123

Still learning my way around so forgive the repost from the main forum.

Hey everyone, I'm a brand new member here and wanted to say hey and ask a question at the same time. I am inheriting a Sachs 123 and a 120. I grew up running these saws primarily to cut firewood. They have sat around for years and the 123 is not starting. It has spark and will fire with a squirt of ether. My dads neighbor, who is handy with small engines believes its the diaphram that's not functioning. I ordered a new diaphram and gasket yesterday, but thought I throw this out to you guys that know about these saws. Any help you can give is appreciated.
Phil

Still learning my way around so forgive the repost from the main forum.

Hey everyone, I'm a brand new member here and wanted to say hey and ask a question at the same time. I am inheriting a Sachs 123 and a 120. I grew up running these saws primarily to cut firewood. They have sat around for years and the 123 is not starting. It has spark and will fire with a squirt of ether. My dads neighbor, who is handy with small engines believes its the diaphram that's not functioning. I ordered a new diaphram and gasket yesterday, but thought I throw this out to you guys that know about these saws. Any help you can give is appreciated.
Phil

Hey!
No more ether, not if you want to run the saw again. Yes, it will take a carb kit, at least. Fuel lines, maybe the filter and plug. Ether, even the stuff with upper cylinder lubricant, does't have enough for a two cycle engine. In fact, a lot of outdoor mechanics use it year around to remove grease and oil from equipment. 120 parts seem more common than others in this series, and the above parts are very common. Good Luck!

Back