Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
around $250-$300 for a good one with a good bar and chain.

That is about right. I bought mine for $100, but the seller on Ebay didn't know what he had or how to list it. It also needed a fuel line. It sure sounds nice, sitting and idling. One day it will get the 143 top-end I have sitting on a shelf.

That is about right. I bought mine for $100, but the seller on Ebay didn't know what he had or how to list it. It also needed a fuel line. It sure sounds nice, sitting and idling. One day it will get the 143 top-end I have sitting on a shelf.

I got mine for $150. but it had no spark and was missing the clutch cover and chainbrake. I rounded these parts up and its now a very strong runner,

alaska%25202010%2520219.jpg

alaska%25202010%2520220.jpg

Sweet. Looked like it turned out well, when you posted a few pics of it back then.

It works so well that I never did tear it down to see what was done to it, it either has a new P&C in it or it was never run much cause there is next to no wear on the piston, the comp is high and the bark from the exhaust tells me there has been a little modification done inside.

It works so well that I never did tear it down to see what was done to it, it either has a new P&C in it or it was never run much cause there is next to no wear on the piston, the comp is high and the bark from the exhaust tells me there has been a little modification done inside.

Sweet that's awesome. I guess I was right when I thought it was a nice saw.

Advice on a new saw

Looking for some feed back. as you can see by my sigiture I really don't have any new saws. Im looking to purchase a new saw. I'm thinking some thing larger. I was wondering if some one could put there 2 cents in. At this point kind of thinking about a Dolmar 6400 and betting the big bore kit. One question I have about that I'm pretty sure that I can put the 7900 P/C on it but can you also go with the 84.5cc kit on this saw as well? Probably only put a 20" bar. I really have no need for somthing larger.

Thanks

Looking for some feed back. as you can see by my sigiture I really don't have any new saws. Im looking to purchase a new saw. I'm thinking some thing larger. I was wondering if some one could put there 2 cents in. At this point kind of thinking about a Dolmar 6400 and betting the big bore kit. One question I have about that I'm pretty sure that I can put the 7900 P/C on it but can you also go with the 84.5cc kit on this saw as well? Probably only put a 20" bar. I really have no need for somthing larger.

Thanks

Unless you're scoring a deal on a used 6400 to upgrade, I think you'd be better off quality wise just getting the 7900 in the first place.

looking for some feed back. As you can see by my sigiture i really don't have any new saws. Im looking to purchase a new saw. I'm thinking some thing larger. I was wondering if some one could put there 2 cents in. At this point kind of thinking about a dolmar 6400 and betting the big bore kit. One question i have about that i'm pretty sure that i can put the 7900 p/c on it but can you also go with the 84.5cc kit on this saw as well? Probably only put a 20" bar. I really have no need for somthing larger.

Thanks

yep!

i have a bone stock 6400 with a 24" bar.. i bought it with the intention of putting a 7900 piston and cylinder on it with a little porting.. my 6400 runs so well im going to leave it alone... if you run a 20" inch bar you will be very happy... in most wood you would barely know the difference..

I don't have enough good to say about the 6400, still my favorite all around firewood saw. I grab it for just about any of my firewood chores. It is a good saw for a good price and if you are looking for a saw to run a 20" bar it is perfect.

Latest posts

Back