Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job on repairing the filter. Seems there are more new old stock parts
for the 166's over in your land. I haven't seen a filter for sale in a very long
time. Or any NOS parts for that matter.
If you run across any other nos parts that you don't need i sure would be interested.

Regards Lee

On a 166 theme, be chasing a new piston for mine soon. Mine had a dodgy rebuild before I purchased it, new cylinder, but reused the original piston (along with some other stuff...)

Anyone with leeds on a Wiseco one? (Is that eBay one forsale out of Germany a wiseco - lists as having 1.5mm ring?)

Hey guys anyone have any info as to why a 116si seems to burn through buffers so fast. I cut wood for my old man he has an Empyre outdoor stove and we cut probably around 10 to 15 cords a year. We have had this saw since new in 88 I believe and that is the only problem its ever had. Is this a normal problem.

I have lower expectations. I missed a 112 a couple of years ago and still looking for one about that size or a little larger. For me saws in the 50-65cc range are kind of on my list. My only Dolmar is a Dolkita cs400, nice little saw.
How many do you want? I have loads of 50-70cc saws in my shop. Couple 112's, 520's, 5100/5105, 6400/7900, 123's... Etc etc etc.

Just figured I would share this with you guys, anytime I see a SD saw sitting around rotting away I have to save it. The 116si you see in my signature is my old man's saw he is the original owner of it, when I was a kid we used it to cut maybe 5 cord a year for firewood and for clearing fence strips on our farm. Now we cut 10 to 15 cord a year to feed an Empyre outdoor stove. Recently my dad was diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing chemo so needless to say I do most of his cutting I have a Stihl 028 super which I like a lot but every time I cut for him now that 116si is always in my hand. So needless to say when I saw this saw sitting like this it had to be saved. Guy said it was a Dolmar 45m6 so the add caught my interest as I had never heard of one, a quick search on here and found it to just be the UL compliance code. When I did go look at it, it turned out to be a 115. The piston and jug are in great shape it was run but only a few times and most likely just sat on a floor somewhere really dirty. A good cleaning, carb rebuild, some new av buffers, new fuel line, and filter and it will be ready to go.Screenshot_2016-01-26-12-04-54.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-26-12-04-46.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-26-12-04-46.png
    908.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_2016-01-26-12-04-54.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-26-12-04-54.png
    462.7 KB · Views: 18
Been doing some work restoring the 115 i picked up last week. All new buffers, fuel line and filter, carb rebuild, etc. Currently looking for the older style chain brake tension spring.
20160128_213206.jpg 20160128_213212.jpg

Dolmar 122, 122S, 122SL

I'm missing some of the stuff under the carb cover.

Carb, air filer, and a few other things. Not 100% sure what all is missing but the compression is good and I just wanted to get mine going again. I was told these were 90-100% sold in Canada so I know chances are slim but wanted to ask.

Let me know if you have anything or any leads.
nate

If it is the same as the 343 to 143

Oil pump, oil pump worm, crank seal, chain cover (or spacer out between bar and cover), clutch, sprocket, maybe carb(is it limited?)

Will need to position oil worm on crank correctly (anyone have any pics, don't fancy pulling mine apart to take one).

I have a question about a Dolmar 460 chainsaw that was brought to me because it wasn't running right. For some reason they had the clutch side torn down and it was all off except the oil pump. I looked into the opening around the crankshaft and saw the seal that appeared to be backwards, the spring was visible. Does anybody know if the seal is supposed to be that way or did the previous repair person mess up? The IPL didn't show a seal on the clutch side.

Wow!
Kinda embarrassed...perhaps much ado over nothing...was about to sell or put down my 116si...until my "Northern Saw/Dolmar Guru" explained that its choke system is completely different than my Stihls! o_O
I was always leaving the choke wide open and it would cut off...and then inevitably it floods out:cry:.
Wow...Finally learning this saw...RUNS LIKE FREAKING RAPED APE NOW!:clap::chainsaw:
Thanks for all the feedback and advice.
BTW...is there any issues with installing some smaller dawgs?...these knock me out of about 2 inches of potential wood!!
Reg20140831_160836_resized (1).jpg

Whats done with this dolmar 133 crankcase? Did someone made transfer ports in it?

133 carter.jpg

Latest posts

Back