Sadly time for another Raffle......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad to see this is taking off. I don't need any tickets, but I'll send some money wherever would be the most convenient for Ich.

Her family arrived, so things are getting taken care of as best as possible.

Todd will be getting out friday or saturday. His surgery went well on Tuesday, so he is on the mend. His out look is positive, I think having this operation go well put a positive mood in his mind. He will probably still stay near the hospital in a hospice or something, its a 2 hour drive home and his checkups will be frequent for a week or so.

We spent the day installing a ramp to his house, so when he does arrive home, he can wheel in with style!

All right folks. Paypal is set up.

You can make donations/purchase raffle tickets to [email protected] via paypal. Please include in the comments section your nickname here at ArboristSite so names can be entered accordingly.

If you prefer to send me a check, PM me for my address. If I get any paper checks, I will open an interest bearing savings account at my credit union and deposit them there.

Steve and I talked today and we think 30 days is a good time frame to accept donations. The cost of each ticket will be $10. If you'd rather just make a donation, that's fine too.

Steve has put up his Dolmar as the raffle prize. We are, however, interested in some second and third place prizes. So if anyone, personal or site sponsors, heck, even if you aren't a sponsor, have anything they would like to offer up that would be awesome!!

If you have any questions or suggestions, you can send them to [email protected]. I will be checking that email account daily, but not during the day.

I will be marking names down as donations come in. At the end of 30 days, I will set up some sort of tumbler, throw all "tickets" in and video the drawing with my son doing the actual pull. I then hope to post that up on youtube or photobucket so everyone can watch the drawing.

Am I missing anything?

Mods...can you make this a sticky?

Last edited:
Casey, did paypal say if they would waive the extra fees?

Ahh...I knew there was something....

No, not unless I fill out the paper work to be a 501C, not for profit charity. The girl I talked to said that was the only way around the fees.

So theres something maybe one of our sponors could donate...cover the 3% paypal fee.

No, not unless I fill out the paper work to be a 501C, not for profit charity. The girl I talked to said that was the only way around the fees.

So theres something maybe one of our sponors could donate...cover the 3% paypal fee.

Casey here's how the last raffle worked.Seemed to be okay.

"The paypal fees are $.29 per $10 plus a $.30 transaction fee.

If you donate $10 for one ticket you're donation will be $10.59

If you donate $50 for five tickets you're donation would be $51.75"

Steve

No prob just wanted to know, I will send a little extra to cover.:cheers:

Casey here's how the last raffle worked.Seemed to be okay.

"The paypal fees are $.29 per $10 plus a $.30 transaction fee.

If you donate $10 for one ticket you're donation will be $10.59

If you donate $50 for five tickets you're donation would be $51.75"

Steve

Well there ya go.

Ill cover everyones fees that have bought tickets so far.

So if everyone else could cover the fees with your donation, that would be sweet.

Last edited:
I really want to help out again, but we just got told yesterday that our profit sharing will be cut out until the lumber market turns around and we're actually making a profit, and that's 1/4 - 1/3 of my income. But I will see what I can scrape together in the next couple weeks.

Latest posts

Back