saw choices- MS362 vs MS461?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great info, thanks to all you blokes.
Kinda fun,discovering a new hobby.
Ive had a few saws. 021, 250, 241c, 261, 262xp, 026, 036, 362c, 440, 441c, 440/ 460 hybrid , 461, and a 390xp. For wood up to 18" my personal favorite was a ported 362c. For most jobs under 16" I find myself picking up the ported 241c and it never fails to impress for its size

dont ask me!! i ended up with one of everything lol
20cc between saws are the best steps.
on paper the 038M is 1hp down over the 044 so thats a no brainer. 28" bar on the 044 and yr humming.
if you like to tinker; a muffler mod will help them as mentioned.
but watch a few youtube clips on how to tune a saw. invaluable.( but not to worry with the 362cm it looks after itself)
here is a pic of the muffler on the 461 opened up a bit.

I dont have much experence with the 441 ( made a few cuts with one once but it wasnt enough to make me want to run out and buy one) but i do use my 362 with a 20 inch bar alot..I find it cuts almost as fast but it way more nimble for climbing around in the woods..I also use a top handle for small stuff which makes a huge difference in how i feel at the end of the day..No i am not a logger felling 30inch butt trees regularly but i do process alot of wood and do tree removals at least once a week..

Back