Saw Troll 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodfarmer

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
well i picked up a 361, i don't know whats got you all horny, it reminds me of an 038 i used to have, a little heavier than i thought it would be and slower too. cutting 16-18" maple, its an ok saw but not as great as the credit you give it. so i went back to the 2159ehp. i know its not a fair comparison, when you're used to running the 2159 and 2171, they make the stihl seem like its standing still.(pardon the pun)

Muffler modded they're OK. A good firewood saw with a 16" bar and a 7t sprocket.

Get it ported, and then it comes alive and your comparison will be more meaningful. A lot of gains to be had in that motor, at least in the one example I played with a bit.

witchy shouldn't you still be in bed or is it morning over there, stock saw, used. all my initial thoughts on the saw were before i pulled the 2159 from the truck. 20" bar with a freshly ground chain. yes once you've used a modded saw, you won't go back to stock.

WEll,,,,,

witchy shouldn't you still be in bed or is it morning over there, stock saw, used. all my initial thoughts on the saw were before i pulled the 2159 from the truck. 20" bar with a freshly ground chain. yes once you've used a modded saw, you won't go back to stock.

so we are talking apples and oranges here!!!!!!!!!

and your surprised it won t keep up with your hot rod and another saw thats 12cc bigger,,,,,????????:monkey: :monkey:

Whats up with that????????

I think woodfarmer was just giving his opinion on the 361 after hearing it would cure cancer. He was just expecting more out of it.

Once you go modded you never want to go bac k

I tried out a new 361 at a saw competition, and thought it was a smooth running DOG, but i know it will gain a lot upon break in. My 034 would have wasted it, until it breaks in...

river rat you even quoted me and you still missed it "ALL MY INITIAL THOUGHTS WERE BEFORE I PULLED THE 2159 FROM THE TRUCK"
ST were the heck are ya, why's the witch up and your still in bed, any way i just don't see what the hype is about that saw thats all

Yes, I should been in bed now. But I have been in bed, wake up of my bad body. But now I'm on my way to bed again.

It's still a little again of the night. It's 0510AM, so soon it's morning here.

So now I say GOOD NIGHT to all of you. :) :) :)

I also compared the 361 and the 2159 and just couldn't justify the additional 150 bones for the 361.
I was cutting w/ a 361 demo and a 2159 demo so unsure of hourse on each. Oregon chain on the 2159, and Stihl chain on the 361. I was unable to notice much difference except price tag.
Been afraid to post this due to the raves the 361 gets...Thank you woodfarmer for providing me the courage!!

Back