Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I decided

i actually decided, I’m gonna start splitting with the Fiskars again. When I gas out, I’ll fire up the splitter. That way I get some production out of my time instead of watching hunting highlights like I usually do when on that treadmill

Just got done busting up about a dozen rounds and ran out of light
After restrictions were off when I broke my tib and fib I struggled.
I would be at the end of stamina at the beginning after cutting and splitting half a row in the back of the Montana, I pushed myself to do a row, then 2 rows and them the whole thing with the seats taken out lol
It was a real struggle mentally and physically but sharing my triumphs with y'all got me through it :)

Attachments

• IMG_20140621_165509.jpg
    IMG_20140621_165509.jpg
    850.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20140913_155608.jpg
    IMG_20140913_155608.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20141019_161841.jpg
    IMG_20141019_161841.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I would be at the end of stamina at the beginning after cutting and splitting half a row in the back of the Montana, I pushed myself to do a row, then 2 rows and them the whole thing with the seats taken out lol
It was a real struggle mentally and physically but sharing my triumphs with y'all got me through it :)
Man, I can’t believe I forgot about that van 🤣🤣👍

That looks like the Dancan we know!

i actually decided, I’m gonna start splitting with the Fiskars again.

You know that Fiskars don’t work: plastic handles, foreign made, . . . Just a fad for the last 30+ years.

Philbert

That looks like the Dancan we know!

You know that Fiskars don’t work: plastic handles, foreign made, . . . Just a fad for the last 30+ years.

Philbert
I pushed hard to get where I'm at , I work with 20 and 30 sumthins , I'm darn close to 60.
I'm not a guy that can run a marathon but I can still outwork them every day and they know it .
They just haven't figured out how to pace themselves lol
Again , sharing my triumphs with you guys , pushing to get more for the next pics , being broke and having to make sure that we weren't cold in during the winter , talking about firewood, maple syrup, bacon and all the other stuff kept me going mentally so don't think that none of you guys didn't help me along with my journey .
Thinking back, all them "Likes" for my shenanigan's and struggles plus the banter back and forth kept me on a path .
Do the same for the next "Forum friend", it does make a difference.

I pushed hard to get where I'm at , I work with 20 and 30 sumthins , I'm darn close to 60.
I'm not a guy that can run a marathon but I can still outwork them every day and they know it .
They just haven't figured out how to pace themselves lol
Again , sharing my triumphs with you guys , pushing to get more for the next pics , being broke and having to make sure that we weren't cold in during the winter , talking about firewood, maple syrup, bacon and all the other stuff kept me going mentally so don't think that none of you guys didn't help me along with my journey .
Thinking back, all them "Likes" for my shenanigan's and struggles plus the banter back and forth kept me on a path .
Do the same for the next "Forum friend", it does make a difference.
I was just thinking about the tractor accident the other day :crazy2: .
Glad you're doing well.
Do my best to keep up with the young guys myself, depending on what it is, I'm usually able to.
So glad I've been able to do the cleanup around the house here after this storm, I wasn't able to do the same back in 2019 when we had the last one.

What’s funny Dancan, I got on this site 12 years ago. I was thirty, just bought my first house. Was burning wood due to being broke and had done it when I was a kid. Sold a few guns to fund the chimney.

Came on here and the likes and banter kept me motivated too. Seeing a bunch of other guys doing it too kept me going

I remember loading a Toyota Corolla full

Trunk, backseat and front seat and figured it was acceptable because I’d seen all you guys due it too

That was in between the s10 and f150 🤣🤣

Attachments

• IMG_20161012_122229378_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161012_122229378_HDR.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20170825_163650284.jpg
    IMG_20170825_163650284.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20180524_203620014.jpg
    IMG_20180524_203620014.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20180524_203721653.jpg
    IMG_20180524_203721653.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 1
Time for a smaller saw. You did well going this far with that saw. My deceased father in law moved to a much lighter saw when he turned 80 because the heavier one he had was too hard to start. I'm 70 and dread the day when that happens to me.

I'm debating resurrecting my old MS310. It has been to the wars and back but is low on compression. My buddy, who has it now, says it still fires up and cuts. It was good with a 24" bar.

Back