Shindaiwa 488 Muffler Mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregn

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello all. First post here. I have a Shindaiwa 488 that I am wanting to do a muffler mod to. How do I go about this? I have always run stock hp saws so I am wanting to learn how to make them run with more available power. Any and all information is greatly appreciated! Also, are there any other mods can I do to this saw? Thanks Greg

Hello all. First post here. I have a Shindaiwa 488 that I am wanting to do a muffler mod to. How do I go about this? I have always run stock hp saws so I am wanting to learn how to make them run with more available power. Any and all information is greatly appreciated! Also, are there any other mods can I do to this saw? Thanks Greg

You will have to see if you have the adjustable carb before you mod the muffler or anything else to do with the engine most of the newer shindaiwa have no high adjustment screw.

Find a carb from a 490 before you start chopping up your muffler. Both jets are adjustable but you will need the large size D tool to do so.

Find a carb from a 490 before you start chopping up your muffler. Both jets are adjustable but you will need the large size D tool to do so.

You can buy one for 50$ new at Edge and Engine just get the nonepa carb.

Latest posts

Back