Show me your minty 044s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious what you're paying for powder coating and what is used for the color. There's a guy near me that does smaller jobs like that, but I've never priced his work. Have a set of 066 cases I'd like to get done while it's (still:bang:) apart.

If I had to choose a color, I would choose RAL9003

Check out Tiger Drylac powders. They have a CFC (Chrome Free Coating). Totally looks like chrome!!!

http://www.tiger-coatings.com/filea...area/de/Produktfolder/CFC_Folder_0709_low.pdf

null_zps9d23eeea.png

f2aba9db.jpg

7a3bcda7.jpg

Drug these out the other day while cleaning the shop.

That sheen off that one almost made me half to put on muh sun glasses :msp_thumbup:

running my stock 440 last weekend ,then the 10mm saw ,the 440 lacks lot of tourque over the older one ,half tempted to try slipping a 10mm jug on that saw ,see if makes a difference ,has anyone tested same jug with 10 and 12mm crank ,see if the rod weight makes any difference ?

well i put a angle fin 10mm jug on a 440 ,it still doesn't sound as angry or have the balls of the 10mm saw i have ,it does sound better than the 440 jug but not like the 10mm saw ,has anyone done any testing on this yet ? does anyone know if are there any different versions of the angled fin jugs ?,they both have the early 10mm muffler with dual port cover ,the 440 does have a limiter cap type carb ,the 044 has reg screws with the filter snorkle for the filter like a 440 has

After much delay, I finally have a "new" 044. I ended up landing a NOS crankcase!!! I thought it was a 10mm case, but turned out to be a 12mm. That just meant no mods to fit the 12mm crank that was going in it anyway. I got it all put together tonight with new bearings, seals, gaskets, and a Meteor piston. It's wearing an early 10mm cylinder with the angled fins. I had to rob a few small parts from my MS440 to finish it up. I bought a new OEM 1/2 wrap handle for it, but it's the wrong handle. So, I borrowed the 3/4 wrap for the time being. The tank and plastic are from a early 10mm 044. The recoil is new, but I fitted it with a new metal plate. She idles great, has fantastic throttle response, and revs out nicely. Sorry, but no vid tonight.

IMG_0993-M.jpg

IMG_0995-M.jpg

IMG_0994-M.jpg

IMG_0997-M.jpg

IMG_0998-M.jpg

IMG_0998-M.jpg

IMG_1001-L.jpg

I'm actually putting a NOS tank/handle on this saw. It'll still be getting a new 1/2 wrap handle. And, I might replace the 25" B&C with a 20". I'm setting this one up light. It's not going to see a lot of heavy use.

You east coast guys with 20 inch bars and small sprocket covers :msp_wink:

The saw came out nice :cheers:

Latest posts

Back