Show me your minty 044s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you guys are making me wanna build an 044 :) I've never built one but I have built a few 066's. anybody got a semi complete carcass kick'n? just finishing up a 346 build but I think my next will be a stihl. been building to many huskies. gotta switch it up next time. I know where there is an extremely high hour 044 owned by my buddies logging company. I spoke with him about it months ago but he was keeping it for parts for other saws. I think i'm gonna have to contact him once the 346 is done :cheers:

25 years of dirt on a mint saw

10mm under the hood

Mint condition piston!

Going to be a good project! I'll run it beside the 12mm saw I already have and see what the hub-bub is about. This came from an 80 year old feller, his favorite saw was a 10mm 044 and if I had the cash at the time would have taken his personal saw with the pile of parts I did get. He wanted $300 more than I had, so the pile went with me, someone else got the saw :msp_sad: had 180psi, sold because he couldn't pull it anymore. I did get the two 2100 that were there so I don't feel to bad.

25 years of dirt on a mint saw

10mm under the hood

Mint condition piston!

Going to be a good project! I'll run it beside the 12mm saw I already have and see what the hub-bub is about. This came from an 80 year old feller, his favorite saw was a 10mm 044 and if I had the cash at the time would have taken his personal saw with the pile of parts I did get. He wanted $300 more than I had, so the pile went with me, someone else got the saw :msp_sad: had 180psi, sold because he couldn't pull it anymore. I did get the two 2100 that were there so I don't feel to bad.

i see the dog mounts broken ,i have a better 10mm case if you need it ,its been welded in same spot but a solid repair

Well guys... I'm helping out my local Stihl dealer get caught up on some backed up saws and other things, and I was looking for parts for a weedeater and what do I find on a shelf??

I find a pretty good shape metal tag 044... I believe it is a 10mm 044, my question is that he said it was seized, so I'm wondering if I should make an offer on it or pass on it? I have a 12mm 044 that I was thinking about turning into a Hybrid, Do the 10mm saws live up to the reputation that I'm hearing??

so what was the first year for the 044?, i do remember in the late 80's or early 90's, our sales rep brought in, what i think was new for the time, an 044, i test ran it, and it did really run well, but i cant remember what year that was, anyone??...............:confused:

Well guys... I'm helping out my local Stihl dealer get caught up on some backed up saws and other things, and I was looking for parts for a weedeater and what do I find on a shelf??

I find a pretty good shape metal tag 044... I believe it is a 10mm 044, my question is that he said it was seized, so I'm wondering if I should make an offer on it or pass on it? I have a 12mm 044 that I was thinking about turning into a Hybrid, Do the 10mm saws live up to the reputation that I'm hearing??

If you don't want it, you could always send it to me:clap:

attachment.php

Minty... P/C, Carb, flywheel/coil and crank at least :D

I'd be interested if you are not.

Beautiful saws, guys!

A quick update on my project. I decided that I wanted a nicer set of cases for this saw. I bought another bottom end with a 10 mm jug. It turned out to be 12mm saw, although a very early one, SN 131..... They're in great shape and will soon be sent off for powder coating.

Beautiful saws, guys!

A quick update on my project. I decided that I wanted a nicer set of cases for this saw. I bought another bottom end with a 10 mm jug. It turned out to be 12mm saw, although a very early one, SN 131..... They're in great shape and will soon be sent off for powder coating.

Did the jug turn out to be a 10mm?
Just the case was a 12mm?

Confused
Jeremy

That is correct. Unfortunately, the jug is no good. One of the transfer bridges is broken out. Oddly enough, the piston is good with the lines still all the way around it.

Oh man....that sucks.

I have a 10mm OEM piston....slightly used....no machine marks on it anymore.
The windows on the OEM are much bigger than the Meteor. But my Dremel fixed that :redface:

running my stock 440 last weekend ,then the 10mm saw ,the 440 lacks lot of tourque over the older one ,half tempted to try slipping a 10mm jug on that saw ,see if makes a difference ,has anyone tested same jug with 10 and 12mm crank ,see if the rod weight makes any difference ?

Beautiful saws, guys!

Just curious what you're paying for powder coating and what is used for the color. There's a guy near me that does smaller jobs like that, but I've never priced his work. Have a set of 066 cases I'd like to get done while it's (still:bang:) apart.

Back