So now that my Stihl MS170 starts...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was real nice of his sister to pose with him for his avatar pic. She's even kinda cute for a fatty.
Maybe it's a before and after picture.
It is really sad to be proud of being a reject.
It's not like he's fooling anyone by being so "clever"
Not good enough to be a hacker.
The antithesis of Ferris Beuler......

Everyone thinks he's a dink....

Sportos,
The Motorheads,
Geeks,
Sluts,
Bloods,
Wastoids,
Dweebies,
Dickheads.....they all reject him.

Well sir before you can truly grasp chainsaws and cutting trees you have to respect them. I earned it the hard way when I was young. Have a nice scar just above the knee to remember it. Took some paint and mirrors off of several different pieces of machinery and crinkled a roll bar. Point is listen and learn and if you are full of s**t maybe somebody else will.

OK, how much does an operator make and where can I get schooling? That is all I am asking here.
Best education you can get is pulling cables and setting chokers for a while and limbing with the MS170.to get the best education move to the mountains and hit up logging crews until you find one to hire you.hope you find a sense of humor on the way because their ribbing and joking won't be the internet kind.
Damn this reminds me of my cousin wanting to become a logger when he traded for a worn out 066 red light and wanted me to rebuild it.i finally threw him my pm1000 and told him to drop start it.poor ol boy probably only weighs 110 pounds.:laughing: he handed it back and i fired it for him.every time one of the youngins around here say they want to log i hand them that saw and say here carry this around all day.they change their minds pretty quick.

Best education you can get is pulling cables and setting chokers for a while and limbing with the MS170.to get the best education move to the mountains and hit up logging crews until you find one to hire you.hope you find a sense of humor on the way because their ribbing and joking won't be the internet kind.
Damn this reminds me of my cousin wanting to become a logger when he traded for a worn out 066 red light and wanted me to rebuild it.i finally threw him my pm1000 and told him to drop start it.poor ol boy probably only weighs 110 pounds.:laughing: he handed it back and i fired it for him.every time one of the youngins around here say they want to log i hand them that saw and say here carry this around all day.they change their minds pretty quick.
Thanks for the advice. What are chokers for?

Chokers are the chains or cables you put around logs you then hook to a main cable on a winch on a skidder or dozer.you carry the chokers and pull the main cable where it needs to go.

Yah, I think roping is the way to go. Its just the angle of the rope that is gonna be a pain. It is going to be lifting the back of the truck so I will lose traction. I will need lots more rope to get a better angle.
You just need some weight in the back. Fill the bed up with monkey manure. Leave a little slack in the rope, when the tree starts to go...stomp on the gas & watch everything turn to ape-****!

Pulling in reverse is bad for front suspension
A supposedly 15 yr+ professional climber told me last weekend that I needed to get a real arborist saw from the local farm and ranch store: my saw wasn't a true arborist saw but it was a trim saw because the kill switch is up on the top of the handle, and the handle is on top of the saw.

This guy kept cutting it off when he was using it and he let a big limb pinch the **** out of the bar and a brand new chain.

He Said it didn't cut fast enough: I've got to replace the bar because he phucked it up.

BTW, the saw he was throwing rocks at is a muffler modded MS200T.

Moral of the Story, some people are full of ****.

If you are serious about learning, buy the books mentioned, read them, and understand them before touching your saw again.

If you are BrushASS, go piss up a Rope.

This guy kind of reminds me of the famous "mall ninja", Gecko45, who posted up hilarious stories and exploits all over the gun sites 10 years ago. Google mall ninja and read the story, but make sure your mouth isn't full of anything, as you'll spray your monitor and keyboard after reading his bafoonery.

This guy kind of reminds me of the famous "mall ninja", Gecko45, who posted up hilarious stories and exploits all over the gun sites 10 years ago. Google mall ninja and read the story, but make sure your mouth isn't full of anything, as you'll spray your monitor and keyboard after reading his bafoonery.

Brush Ape and his multiple aliases have a looooooong way to go before earning that level of message board martyrdom...

these guys are being truthful that's all. its great you want to learn to cut trees and work for a logging company. I believe most of everyone on here are good guys. put yourself in there shoes imagine them doing your job with out any experience. I give anybody credit for going to college and getting a degree. also give a lot of credit for being in the military defending our country. im not a logger or tree guy by trade but I have spent time in the woods. my grandfather was a logger. he was very protective of things I did. never let me too close to saw or anything always did what I call grunt work. logging statistically is a dangerous job. I give the tree guys and loggers lots of credit they are true pro at what they to. it has taken years to get where they are in life. what they are trying to say is just because you buy a chainsaw does not mean you can become a tree guy. you have to earn your way there. because in logging and tree world there are no absolutes. everything doesn't go as planned all the time. hope I didn't offend anyone. didn't mean too. thanks.,

Brush Ape and his multiple aliases have a looooooong way to go before earning that level of message board martyrdom...
Couldn't agree more.
Mall Ninja was well written.
BA is just a distraction. As he falls over. Keep going and don't look back.
Mall Ninja kept Ya reading.
You would send a friend a link to read Mall Ninja.
You would never do that with these BA threads.

Latest posts

Back