Split in heel of Oregon Powermatch bars.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought two powermatch plus bars, one in 20 inch and one in 28 inch. The 28 inch one is split at the back. Is this normal and why would they do that. Looks like it would weaken it to me. Top pic is the 28 and bottom is the 20.

SANY0985.JPG SANY0986.JPG

Bring it back. This is not what Oregon intended it to look like. The mounting space has become to wide.

Wolter
It's for a stihl, the slots cut in the stihl bars are wide. I haven't tried the fit yet. Guess I should. It's pouring rain right now and temp dropping. Might try it later in the day when the rain stops.

The ones I have were like that and were the reduced weight ones. Maybe you're getting different stuff on that side of the pond.

The ones I have were like that and were the reduced weight ones. Maybe you're getting different stuff on that side of the pond.

He might be getting older stock bars. All of the ones I've seen that we sold at the dealership since around 2003 had that slot. The Oregon sales rep told us about it.

Back