Stihl and Husqvarna WEED WACKERS! And a new job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what about a ms 22 c from dolmar got a dealer in your area the net shows them at 259. oo straight shaft and just over 8 pounds .

ive ran about every brand there is. i love shindiawa but they are on the pricey end. personally at the moment i have a makita RBC251 and at like 8.8 pounds i love it to death. it has good power to weight. but saddly my pervious unaware self, has run cheap ethanol fuel and cheap mix in it without knowing the damage it can cause. so after inspection, its on its last legs. im debating a rebuild of it but i dont know yet. i also am currently looking at a new one. the 326 is awsome, little heavier than mine but overall nice. even has a fully adjustable carb, unlike my makita. and can also take a blade. the 100rx sounds to be a monster at 31cc and 10 pounds but not beingable to handle a blade, and the lightend driveshaft is a turn off for me. but i would bet in thick grass it just blows it like its cutting butter. with the price diffrence imay end up getting the 326. and may be in tune for a port job. either one are good trimmers. but its hard for me to part with that 8.8 pounds when we have 16 yards to keep up.

in my opinion for your case, a 326 or 100rx for everday trimming in yards. after a while that weight cathces up

Stihl's FS250 is all my guys run...we service 80 yards a week and I've got 4 of them now. They've replaced all of my FS 90 junk POS 4 mix engines and I'll never have anything but 250's again.

The 326 is 9 pounds. And I don't know your trimmer but the 326 also has some really great AV and good balance which often makes up for weight in instances if those areas are better than a competitor. Similar to saws in that regard.

Anyway, the weight difference should be minimal.

Well I'm not sure about the dealers in your area but around here Husky dealers are hard to find. We do have a couple of local hardware stores that carry Husky but they don't carry any parts. So that is something I would take into consideration.

Iv'e got a great husqvarna dealer about 30mins away but I normally buy parts online, That being said I don't pay people to work on my stuff, If I can't fix it... well thats not a choice so I fix it

323 is the same powerhead minus a guard and a different trimmerhead. 326 comes with a ball bearing bump, t35x head whereas the 323 is a non bearing t35. Don't worry, hardly any other trimmer on the market has bearings in the head. It helps extend its life, nice design. The difference in price is like $20-30 and worth it but if it's not available then don't worry, the 323 is perfectly fine.

Thanks for the explanationm I'll probably get the 323 if I go that route.

what about a ms 22 c from dolmar got a dealer in your area the net shows them at 259. oo straight shaft and just over 8 pounds .

Ill look into that but I don't have a dealer that sells nearby.

Don't overlook the Shindaiwa trimmers...

No dealer close by.

ive ran about every brand there is. i love shindiawa but they are on the pricey end. personally at the moment i have a makita RBC251 and at like 8.8 pounds i love it to death. it has good power to weight. but saddly my pervious unaware self, has run cheap ethanol fuel and cheap mix in it without knowing the damage it can cause. so after inspection, its on its last legs. im debating a rebuild of it but i dont know yet. i also am currently looking at a new one. the 326 is awsome, little heavier than mine but overall nice. even has a fully adjustable carb, unlike my makita. and can also take a blade. the 100rx sounds to be a monster at 31cc and 10 pounds but not beingable to handle a blade, and the lightend driveshaft is a turn off for me. but i would bet in thick grass it just blows it like its cutting butter. with the price diffrence imay end up getting the 326. and may be in tune for a port job. either one are good trimmers. but its hard for me to part with that 8.8 pounds when we have 16 yards to keep up.

in my opinion for your case, a 326 or 100rx for everday trimming in yards. after a while that weight cathces up

Yes I can tell already at the end of the day Ill be happy with the lighter one.

Stihl's FS250 is all my guys run...we service 80 yards a week and I've got 4 of them now. They've replaced all of my FS 90 junk POS 4 mix engines and I'll never have anything but 250's again.

I wouldn't call the fs 90 a POS the ones we got are 5yrs old and been running all day every day never done anything to them, Not even changed a plug.

Yea, if you want a beast of a trimmer, the FS-250 is the ticket.

Had a relative that used to work for the state road crew clearing around highways. He said they had a couple FS-200's that they used for the big clearing jobs.

They used it cause they could take the line cutter off and throw the line out way there and it still had enough power to cut hay..

They ran those things WFO for hours at a time.... :rock:

a customer of mine described the FS250 as a blender on the end of a stick....I would agree except I would call it that and a juicer in one...

Its a beast, plain and simple...

The FS 110 is my favorite as its the best of all worlds...great power, good weight...

If your set on a husky go for it, but I think you'll find better trimmers with other brands like shindaiwa, echo, and stihl.

I picked up a fs 130r its used alot and its a 4 mixer and I dont have a bad word to say about it.

I have run Echo's for years and have just not been happy with them, I have them because I got them from my Dad.
When I need a part I get a NLA from the counter guy. Saturday I had enough and went to my Sthil dealer
and ordered a new FS 250 and as luck would have it they were having a grand reopening with 10% off on
all power equipment. I can now take 1 trimmer to the farm and clean up the trails and then do the yard and not
have to haul the tractor and Bush Hog. All of my Stihl equipment has never let me down and I have some old stuff
so I stayed with what works for me.

My stihl fs 55 is ok, although at a certain rpms it shakes the whole machine. I will say this its been damn reliable always starts on 3rd pull. Ive had it for 5 years now. During the summer every week it gets used, it does my place then my grandmothers. Never has missed a beat.

I like the older Husky 225L or 232L but they arn't made anymore. Also, sort of a Husqvarna, conventional 2 stroke and an EPA rating of 10/10 (least clean) haha , and the Zenoah motor is a work of art--
RedMax TR2350S - Trimmers

No cat converter, but has a fiberglass lining in the open can muffler, no baffles.

I just went and looked at the 323 and really liked it and it only weighs 9lbs!

Thats the one you want.

I like the spools on the Sthils though, and the 100 and 110 RX will chug along all day w/ ALOT of line out, all day, in tall grass.
Once you got every thing knocked down, switch to your 323 or 80 and fly.

Only if I could find a guy to make a FS 80 run like a 100 or 110 RX. :msp_biggrin:

Dont overlook the shindaiwas

Just sayin , landscapers here swear by em. I have one for my few acres , no complaints at all , pull it and go.
Had a stihl trimmer previous , not so much.

Oh,.. check out the quick change spool on them too...very nice.

i have one too.

I have a Husqvarna 326L and i like it it about 9lbs i bought it last year for $299 and you can buy a blade kit for it.

Love it. Actually liked the 323l better. Both seem to weigh next to nothing and they rip.

Wouldnt buy any trimmers but Husky or Redmax.

I just bought a Husky 223R a few days ago. I'll get my first chance to use it tomorrow. It will only get used a few times a month so I went with what I thought was a good deal. It came with a grass blade and trimmer line head. I'll probably replace the tap head when it runs out of line. I hate those. Has anyone used one of these models? I couldn't find a single review anywhere on the internet for them.

Just sayin , landscapers here swear by em. I have one for my few acres , no complaints at all , pull it and go.
Had a stihl trimmer previous , not so much.

Oh,.. check out the quick change spool on them too...very nice.

Never ran one, but I hear that they are a good unit.

Love it. Actually liked the 323l better. Both seem to weigh next to nothing and they rip.

Wouldnt buy any trimmers but Husky or Redmax.

The guy that gets me my big yard trees, has an 323l and that I run from time to time and its a joy to run.

We might be getting a new Redmax blower and trimmer soon, kinda curious to see how well they do. I have heard good things.

Latest posts

Back