Stihl Light Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl lightbars

Has anyone been able to try out the stihl light bars yet? I know the weather hasnt helped much on the east coast but i did call my dealer today and they can get me a 28 inch in 0.50 for $143.00 . She said it would be about 1 to 2 weeks to get because thier main wharehouse doesnt have them in stock. If they did i could have it in a day or two. Most of the people that have them say it is not as flexiable as a oregon rw bar, but i am going to wait until i here more feedback on the stihl bar . thanks Happy newyear everyone !:clap:

I've got 5-6 tanks so far on mine. I really like it. I might get another 28" or maybe a 32". I've run the 28" on the 2171. It looks a little wrong but feels great.

166622d1293847957-064-jpg

Last edited:
It seems like the .063 is about all you can get right now. That was what I was wanting to run.

I really like my 28in "light" bar, it balances much better compared to the 28in ES bar on my MS460. Infact its almost perfect, no more nose heavy lean.

I just checked with my dealer, and the 28" .050 Light bar is still on back order:(

LOL, I have two of those on back order as well. Mdavlee's .063 came right in, but I don't know what the deal is with the .050's, I had mine ordered about 1 week before him and still nothing. They should go great on the modded 441's.

Sam

You guys are going to have to start running .063" chains. If you're buying chain by the roll it shouldn't matter what size it is.

Thanks guys. I thought the bars were still on back order because no one has talked about it . I got a price for a oregon red. weight bar in 28 0.50 for $149.00 Brad , I was wondering if the oregon red. weight bars that you have are too flexiable when bucking big wood say around 24" and up?

The oregons are a little floppy when making falling cuts with the 32". I didn't think the 28" was too bad compared to the 32". The stihl 28" light bar feels just like a regular bar except the weight. If the paint was off of it I don't think anyone would notice it wasn't the regular ES bar.

I just called my dealer. . . Stihl 28" .050's (light weight) are available now, and I can have them in my hands by Wednesday.

If any of you want, I can have them get the bars here, and I could ship them out the same day, or that Thursday (1-12-11).

I didn't ask price, just if they were available now. Y'all would have to pay a little for shipping from 59901, but I don't want nothing for doing it.

You'd just have to PayPal me the money so I could pay the dealer, and pay to ship them.

Not sure if they're still on backorder for y'all, so I figured I'd offer. :cheers:

It looks a little wrong but feels great.

Please oh please let me put this in my sig! Muahaha. Let me know how these Light bars turn out guys, I dont need one but wouldnt mine checking one out. May have to give the guys in Ashland a call...

Please oh please let me put this in my sig! Muahaha. Let me know how these Light bars turn out guys, I dont need one but wouldnt mine checking one out. May have to give the guys in Ashland a call...

Sure I don't care.:laugh:

Back