Stihl Light Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brad, That was close to the same price i got also. It is alittle cheaper than a red. weight bar and mdavlee said the stihl felt stiffer than the oregon so i will have to call my dealer friday to order one. I am hoping that you will do a test (video of course) of this bar .

Honestly if you didn't see the light on it you probably wouldn't know the difference. I wouldn't as far as flex.

I payed what Slamm listed in the thread earlier.

Last edited:
You beat me to it Brad. Mine is in and I will get it tonight. Question is what is the cost? Think I can get mine any cheaper? I say yes!

Ran my 044/28" ES RW just about all weekend. Very happy! Not much of a weight difference between it and the Oregon, big difference in stability, if that is the word I'm looking for. The Oregon is much more floppy and even though I never bent mine, they feel easy to bend. You don't have that with the Stihl. I would not turn a husky user away from the Oregon though. I do like Mdavlee's pic of the Jred with the Stihl bar though, atleast the Jred has one good part on it.:D

Hey now I wouldn't do that if stihl made a good feeling 70cc saw.:sword: If I had a oregon in 28" I would run it. The oregon rw I've got is a 32".

Can you put a chain on the stihl without leaving a radius in the bar?

I never could on my 32'' oregon reduced weight. . im OCD when it comes to straight bars. . . .

Finally got my 32" .063 in and it was worth the wait. Noticeably lighter than a regular ES and much stiffer than the Oregons I spun off.

Only bummer is my dealer charged $189. I crapped my pants! I can deal with a $10 here or there, but another $50 was a bear.

I bit my lip and took it but this dealer is never seeing another sweet cent of mine.

Anyone know of or want to become a competent, honest Stihl dealer in Northern Colorado?

Ouch that is high. I probably would have left it there and got it from another source.

No other dealer, within an hour drive, had a clue that they existed. Thought about bailing, asked if they were serious and they said yeah.

Lesson learned.

I believe that price is way over msrp. I think the msrp is about $160 on it. It's in this thread somewhere.

For a cut & painted slab of metal, they should run well under 60.00 imo. . .

But its just like a barrel of crude is what 89.10 today, down from yesterday. ####. . .

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the 32" was low $120's and the 36" was $125. I might have already posted the prices but I'm on my phone, and don't want to look back that many pages.

Sam

Back