Stihl MS 661 having the bog blues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funky sawman

funky sawman

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Holy ****. Are you kidding? Is that saw M-Tronic too? It may be that you're not breaking the saw in and allowing the carburetor to calibrate itself properly. Limbing is not a good way to calibrate it.
Well the 241cm was perfect out of the box. Yes I do know how to recalibrate the saw, tried that many times

Big_Wood

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
i don't know what the heck it is about this thread. i sense i'm hearing the truth but not the whole truth for some reason. also, how do you go without your main saw for so long. here, if a professional is needed and don't have a good running saw he is getting a good running saw somehow. simple as that. i sense you are not really a professional but then again, i may just be being an angry judgmental prick LOL i don't know about anyone else but every pro running stihl i know owns 2-3 661's at this point. no professional depends on just one saw.

Trx250r180

Trx250r180

Saw polisher
i don't know what the heck it is about this thread. i sense i'm hearing the truth but not the whole truth for some reason. also, how do you go without your main saw for so long. here, if a professional is needed and don't have a good running saw he is getting a good running saw somehow. simple as that. i sense you are not really a professional but then again, i may just be being an angry judgmental prick LOL i don't know about anyone else but every pro running stihl i know owns 2-3 661's at this point. no professional depends on just one saw.
I know many timber fallers that only have one saw ,what is your point ? because they don't have many they can not do their job ?

Big_Wood

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
I really am a prick. Was in the whiskey last night hence the late post LOL. I can be nice. Forgive my funky saw man. Funky saw man and I have had good conversations many times before. Was just getting riled up and stirring the ****. Didn't even realize it was him til this morning. Not used to that avatar LOL

Big_Wood

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
I know many timber fallers that only have one saw ,what is your point ? because they don't have many they can not do their job ?

States must be different then here. Here you have 2 at least or you ain't looked at seriously enough for an employer to consider you. A dead saw means waiting on the hill all day while your partner finishes up which is why every faller has a spare at the heli pad. There are actual guys where your from that go up the hill with one saw?

Trx250r180

Trx250r180

Saw polisher
States must be different then here. Here you have 2 at least or you ain't looked at seriously enough for an employer to consider you. A dead saw means waiting on the hill all day while your partner finishes up which is why every faller has a spare at the heli pad. There are actual guys where your from that go up the hill with one saw?
Yes ,many actually ,but guys some have 2 ,we are not as uptight as the guys in your area ,do not need all that bc type training to get a job either . Maybe with huskies it would be smart to have a backup ,the guys down here run stihls though ;)

Latest posts