Stihl MS241C M-Tronic review :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey you know me Sawtroll. I'm more critical of Stihl than any other brand. I don't rate their 261, I'd rather use my Husky 353 and I've owned both plus a 5100-S (actually all 3 at once). I also rate the 5100-S above the 261. However I give credit where it's due and this 241 is very impressive. I'm sure without M-Tronic it wouldn't be quite as impressive. Once again as mentioned paper specs tell only part of the story.

...... .

:msp_biggrin: I know you are honest, and not brand biased! :cheers:

Made a few phone calls today trying to see if I can get my hands on one.

I have it on good word that some very important people at Stihl USA regularly monitor the stihl facebook page.

It seems like there are at least a few people that would jump on that saw if it was available in the states - I would buy one right now and I am really pissed that it's been out for a year now and we don't have it.

If you want the saw, please visits stihl's facebook page and post on their wall to let them know that this is a saw that we need here! If enough people show interest in this saw they may reconsider. It WILL be read by people who can make it happen.

http://www.facebook.com/stihlusa?sk=wall

Last edited:
$560 AUD + post from the UK sounds good to me.:msp_smile:

stihl australia must be run buy the australian federal government HAHA :bang: :bang: SHOULD A PERSON IMPORT A SAW WELL I DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER THAT DO I :msp_wink:

The stihl Australia website has the 241 listed for $1249... a bit crazy right?!?!

STIHL - MS 241 C-M

However, over the pond in the UK you may be able to get a better price. Here is an example

Stihl_MS_241_C_M_Chainsaw

$1249 is indeed crazy. I'm canning the Australian sourced saw idea straight away. I was thinking maybe $1099 or something. Thanks for the UK link - that's a good price :)

EDIT: Just ordered one from the UK link. Landed in Oz for AUD$677.08 with 14" bar (not .325" though, I'll change that later). Now THAT is special :D Thanks Rudy. Good work. Now everybody order one and we'll have races and stuff.

The confirmation email did say this though:

"Due to Stihl's policy regarding online sales of their products, we can only deliver these items to 'known' or 'professional' customers. We will contact you during order processing to determine if you are a 'known' or 'professional' customer or to arrange collection from our store."

I made sure it was going to "Riverland Sawchain Supply" so hope that will suffice.

Last edited:
$1249 is indeed crazy. I'm canning the Australian sourced saw idea straight away. I was thinking maybe $1099 or something. Thanks for the UK link - that's a good price :)

EDIT: Just ordered one from the UK link. Landed in Oz for AUD$677.08 with 14" bar (not .325" though, I'll change that later). Now THAT is special :D Thanks Rudy. Good work. Now everybody order one and we'll have races and stuff.

The confirmation email did say this though:

"Due to Stihl's policy regarding online sales of their products, we can only deliver these items to 'known' or 'professional' customers. We will contact you during order processing to determine if you are a 'known' or 'professional' customer or to arrange collection from our store."

I made sure it was going to "Riverland Sawchain Supply" so hope that will suffice.

No worries Matt, I hope it works out for you. If not, hopefully you can get a fellow site member in the UK to hook you up. Can't go wrong with an almost 50% saving :D

No worries Matt, I hope it works out for you. If not, hopefully you can get a fellow site member in the UK to hook you up. Can't go wrong with an almost 50% saving :D

Bloody oath. I loved that little 241 but no way in hell am I paying over $1200 for one - your link was the first indication on the Australian price that I've seen and I nearly fell over. The last place on earth I expected to get a good deal like that was from the UK but there you go :) The pound to Aussie dollar ratio is better then I thought. I may have a new favourite saw site if this pans out. I have a heap of UK contacts from a non chainsaw standpoint so should be able to get it sorted regardless.

Bloody oath. I loved that little 241 but no way in hell am I paying over $1200 for one - your link was the first indication on the Australian price that I've seen and I nearly fell over. The last place on earth I expected to get a good deal like that was from the UK but there you go :) The pound to Aussie dollar ratio is better then I thought. I may have a new favourite saw site if this pans out. I have a heap of UK contacts from a non chainsaw standpoint so should be able to get it sorted regardless.

Yeah, I had a look at their other saw prices and they are pretty close to the US prices (MS880 for only AU$1330)... not bad at all.

The saw is $579.90 AUD on the site that was already posted + shipping
M - Stihl MS 241 C-M Chainsaw

You can convert the currency on the right hand side to AUD, euros or US dollars and they will ship it to you like the other member did. I wouldn't pay $1200+ either!!

BTW, Looks like about $600 US for anybody in the states.

-Greg

Last edited:
my local dealer wonders why he doesn't sell any 261s or other pro grade saws stihl aus idear of prices is a joke :msp_angry: :msp_angry: :msp_angry:

prices ms660 $2000 ms 460 $1800 ms261 $1249 stihl ES 25" bar $160 ES 20" bar $148 all rolls of chain same price $590 . 3/8 72 DL for a 20 " bar $36...

Last edited:
Actually, does Stihl make a 16", .325, .050, 3005 mount bar? My dealer tells me no, .063 only.

The same here, but that isn't evidence that they don't make it.....

Oregon lists the 160MPBA074 MICRO-LITE™ Pro Bar 62dl .325" .050" , but it is an NK bar, and hardly a true 16" one (all 3005 bars are shorter than called, afaik).

Last edited:
Back