Stihl MS660 Raffle...Please Help My Brother

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, it's a horrendous racket...
I don't see that. They're charging for a service. I'm glad to have both available to me and I use them often.
Sorry for the hijack and I hope this doesn't go on to clutter up this thread. I just couldn't refrain from opening my big mouth.

Isn't keeping track of everything just a blast! I'm glad that part's on you, lol. I got to experience this on the BIL build and it is a lot of work to keep track of everything.

Brad what a nice guy you might get to have some of the fun after all! I know you dont care since it is for a good cause but it still made me laugh.

Nate

So not that this would work now but in the future if we ever do this again on this site ( I am sure we will) we just need to not use the word raffle in any of pay pal payments? Like write "donation for your ill brother" in the subject and message sections insted and we should be good?

Not sure, but they (PP) actually quoted from post #12 of this thread in which I was explaining how we would receive donations. Make me wonder if this thread is being watched.

But you know what guys, I've found that any time people try to do a good thing, there are always pitfalls and stumbling blocks placed in the way. And so it is with us today. But it won't stop us from continuing to do the right thing. Thanks for all you guys have done. We'll continue to make this thing happen! Placing "snail" instead of "e" in front of "mail" will just slow things down a bit.

Last edited:
Well since they are on to us can we do what Brad said and use payment instead of gift and just pay the $0.75 or whatever to pay pal and have them be happy? A stamp is half of that anyway whats the difference? If it is ok with pay pal just raise tickets to $12.75 or whatever? Since this is for charity and not for profit I would think they would not care especially since they make money on the deal? Maybe I am wrong and they have a no raffles what so ever policy?

Nate

Thanks for wanting to help, guys, but I've got to abide by what they say and follow the rules. Please, no more discussion/debate. We can't use PayPal to run a raffle. Thanks.

Not sure, but they (PP) actually quoted from post #12 of this thread in which I was explaining how we would receive donations. Make me wonder if this thread is being watched.

But you know what guys, I've found that any time people try to do a good thing, there are always pitfalls and stumbling blocks placed in the way. And so it is with us today. But it won't stop us from continuing to do the right thing. Thanks for all you guys have done. We'll continue to make this thing happen! Placing "snail" instead of "e" in front of "mail" will just slow things down a bit.

It seems that no good deed goes un-punished. Glad I got mine in yesterday. I'd secure the funds in there ASAP if they're acting wierd.

If you're the guy from paypal reading this, I hope you're happy with yourself.

It seems that no good deed goes un-punished. Glad I got mine in yesterday. I'd secure the funds in there ASAP if they're acting wierd.

If you're the guy from paypal reading this, I hope you're happy with yourself.

I would refrain from slandering PayPal. Funds are still in the process of being transferred from his PayPal account to his bank account.

Actually they've been very civil. They just quoted the rules and asked me to comply...which we will do. I haven't had any problem accessing my account or transferring funds.

But for any of you out there thinking about helping with my brother, please don't let this PP thing distract from the purpose of this thread. We still need to pitch in where we can to help a man in need. Thanks!

I just got in on the tail end of this guys and really don't have time to read all 15 pages. Can someone PM me and just tell me where to send funds and to whom they need to be directed. I'm gathering there is some issue with PP now so in order to not make things worse just tell me what I need to do and it will be done.
My best to everyone involved.

Stew and Ajo...

Hmmm, it seems that we have a rat in our woodpile...sad isin't it.
Anyway, most of us are not interested in the raffle part. You could start a new "Donation Only" fund as a option to the existing raffle. Mail a check for the raffle or paypal the donation.....easy.

RD

I just got in on the tail end of this guys and really don't have time to read all 15 pages. Can someone PM me and just tell me where to send funds and to whom they need to be directed. I'm gathering there is some issue with PP now so in order to not make things worse just tell me what I need to do and it will be done.
My best to everyone involved.

Stew and Ajo...

PM Sent.:)

Hmmm, it seems that we have a rat in our woodpile...sad isin't it.
Anyway, most of us are not interested in the raffle part. You could start a new "Donation Only" fund as a option to the existing raffle. Mail a check for the raffle or paypal the donation.....easy.

RD

You know, M7, I think that's a very good idea! Mail in all raffle ticket requests and PP the straight donations. PP will allow that. What do you guys think? Maybe I need to start another thread and have something like "MS660 Raffle...Go Here First" and set it out as MotorSeven suggests.

Brad, that's a good idea!

Latest posts

Back