Stihl MS660 Raffle...Please Help My Brother

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can we please return the thread back to raising money for litefoot's brother and keep your personal stuff personal.

Well said. It's a great group here. No need to be judging anyone. Focus on the task at hand.
We should be able to give a good lift to these guys with the #s we've got here !

Last edited:
I'm new here and don't mean to step on anyone's toes but this has gotten a little crazy. The OP wants to help out his brother and it has turned into who is selfish and wants to keep the saw, who wants it to just be a donation, who wants to win the saw and give it back, etc.

Can we please return the thread back to raising money for litefoot's brother and keep your personal stuff personal.

Thank you and again, I apologize if I am out of line here.

+1000. Just buy your tickets and do with the saw as you wish. It's a shame to clutter up a thread like this.

I'm in

Winning the saw is a far second. The real reward is being able to help out. This being said, If I win the saw, I will keep it. Mine went through as well, but said he was not yet registered and they would contact him on how to recieve the money.

Mine went through as well, but said he was not yet registered and they would contact him on how to recieve the money.

I got the "waiting for acceptance" email too.
It sounds like he may have an accounting nightmare on his hands. I hope he can handle it okay. Let us know how it's going, litefoot, and if there's any way we can organize/clear things up.

Last edited:
Update!!!

NEWS FLASH!!!

We now have a 2nd Prize for the drawing!!!

EdRitchey is donating a brand new John Deere CS62 which has never been run as a 2nd place prize in the raffle! Kudos to Eric!!!:rock::rock:

Donations Update

In addition to the incredible offer from Eric, we are up to $605.30 in donations!! You guys are amazing. The response so far has been incredible. I'll post a list of contributors to date in the morning. In case you're wondering about the $0.30 in the total, a Canadian member who probably would rather remain anonymous, made a VERY nice contribution in CAD that had to be converted to USD. KEEP IT COMING, GUYS!

Question: Some of you have had trouble PayPaling to my e-mail address. Did that get sorted out?

Question: Some of you have had trouble PayPaling to my e-mail address. Did that get sorted out?

PayPal still shows that you have not claimed the money I sent you so maybe the period does make a difference as PayPal isn't recognizing it without as you?

Could you check and see if you have something from me. I would hate the money to go to the wrong person!

Winning the saw is a far second. The real reward is being able to help out. This being said, If I win the saw, I will keep it. Mine went through as well, but said he was not yet registered and they would contact him on how to recieve the money.

You know if you won it you have to bring it down to the gtg. I would say if I won it I would bring it down, but I'm about as unlucky as a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Hi Joel,

My father had a minor stroke last week, knew something bad was up when my sister called. My other sister was in the hospital for 2 days from a car accident & it cost $82,000 (no surgery).
Those bills can add up fast.

BTW mine went through fine with the period but forgot to put my username in the payment. My email's Sean Dirk at gmail dot com.

God Bless

Sean

I got the "waiting for acceptance" email too.
It sounds like he may have an accounting nightmare on his hands. I hope he can handle it okay. Let us know how it's going, litefoot, and if there's any way we can organize/clear things up.

That's what mine said too. Hope he got it

PayPal still shows that you have not claimed the money I sent you so maybe the period does make a difference as PayPal isn't recognizing it without as you?

Could you check and see if you have something from me. I would hate the money to go to the wrong person!

Hey guys, thanks for your willingness to help. I keep checking and I don't see anything yet from you guys. Someone said that if you leave out the "." between joel.percival in the email address, it would work. Can anyone verify that? Or has anyone seen this before? I have receipts from 24 different AS members so far that have gone through...so I'm not sure what's going on.

Again, the address is:
[email protected]

Thanks for your patience.

Last edited:
OK, here's what I have so far in the way of tickets and donations. I will list the number of tickets, but not the dollar amount of donations. I'm guessing that some of you would rather that remain private.

parrisw 3 tickets
aussie1 1 ticket + donations
mdavlee 3 tickets
mossy 1 ticket
fish donation
rvalue 2 tickets
gemniii 8 tickets + donation
supercabs78 donation
matt9923 donation
edisto 2 tickets + donation
hexen71 1 ticket + donation
pioneerguy600 donation
sloch24 1 ticket + donation
willis09r 1 ticket
andrethegiant 2 tickets
bowtie 2 tickets
TRI955 1 ticket + donation
songofthewood 1 ticket + donation
mheim1 4 tickets
7oaks 5 tickets
super3 1 ticket
ptarmigan 3 tickets + donation
LemonTwist 2 tickets

I want everyone to know that when I write "donation", some were rounded up to even tens. For example, someone buys 2 tickets for $24, but rounds the money sent to $30. Others were single donations where the person did not ask for tickets. Some of these were quite significant. So thanks to all of you.

If your name is not on the list, check your account and verify that funds were withdrawn. If so, then let me know and I will deal with PayPal. If not then try to resend or PM me and I will send you my mailing address to send a money order. But it seems like for the most part, the system is working pretty well.

Thanks again. You all are the greatest. Let's keep this going! I'm signing off until the morning.

Back