Stihl quality = bad

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand your aggrivation. They may install a oversized bar stud, if it was me Id demand a new saw. Just dont call senior members here retarded cause they are anything but retarded. Thanks.

My opinion on that matter stays the same. Troll wasn't called for I stood my ground. :pumpkin2:

Just to let you know most new pro saws have fasteners threaded into plastic. I've even had metal inserts made to fix the issues, this was on an old 084, I've had issues with other makes as well. IMHO they should all have metal inserts molded into the plastic.

Exactly! This is the design I haven't a clue why they didn't use. Perhaps more repairs more $$$ for them. :rolleyes2:

It's cheaper and easier to make the plastic without the inserts, and most of the time it works fine without them. Every manufacture figures in an acceptable failure rate anyway.

True. Dubious is what I would use.
I'll be very interested to see what they say on the matter. Thanks for your oil info Andy. I went bel-ray H1R :rock:

You sir are retarded plain and simple. $800 is hardly cheapo. Its not pro but I could go down to bunnings and get me a "cheapo" $250 dollar crap saw.
Go on go back under your lil rock you came from.

You said it "retarded" though in your case I would say ALOT. "means I can some benefits" You took english right? Maybe you should go back to school... Why feed yourself your prolly a fat tard anyways by the sounds of it. I prolly wont be here so long.... get a life its a chainsaw forum...I have better things to do with my time.

You come to a new to you forum and instantly start dishing out unnesseccary negative comments towards members that would actually try to help you had you not said those things. It is blatantly obvious that you are merely trying to start a fight. You get what you pay for in all things and this is simply another example. I wish you the best of luck with your pursuit of the perfectly made cheap saw. Please leave the negative commentary out as its really no fun to read and detracts from the family quality that this forum represents.

You come to a new to you forum and instantly start dishing out unnesseccary negative comments towards members that would actually try to help you had you not said those things. It is blatantly obvious that you are merely trying to start a fight. You get what you pay for in all things and this is simply another example. I wish you the best of luck with your pursuit of the perfectly made cheap saw. Please leave the negative commentary out as its really no fun to read and detracts from the family quality that this forum represents.

Perhaps you're the type of person who just takes negative comments from others and just say nothing. I sure don't. Thank you.

I never asked for help to begin with.. I was merely voicing my disgust in a fault. I dear say others will read this and be a lot more aware of this "Silly" design fault. So yes it does make my day brighter knowing that :D
I am going to buy one now to see if it was as bad as you say. I will be smiling when the bar stud free spins and i am looking at the 6 pack of ultra i bought to get my 2 year WARRANTY. and cranking the truck to take it back.Your dealer will correct this, all brands have a lemon sometimes,sorry about your luck PS I will check the bar studs before i leave the lot ,because its fixing to go thru hell trying to make it quit.

I am going to buy one now to see if it was as bad as you say. I will be smiling when the bar stud free spins and i am looking at the 6 pack of ultra i bought to get my 2 year WARRANTY. and cranking the truck to take it back.Your dealer will correct this, all brands have a lemon sometimes,sorry about your luck PS I will check the bar studs before i leave the lot ,because its fixing to go thru hell trying to make it quit.

Hahaha :msp_tongue:
Yes do check the stud! In fact tighten it up in the shop, just wait for a bit of a pinch if you don't get one you'll know why :msp_w00t:

HMMMM; Ive sent boxes of stuff downunder that was worth a few hundered $$$ and it didnt cost me $400 shipping - just saying

Picked your rep back up for you Flatie for having the balls to say it how you see it in a hall that can be full of chum huggers (putting it nicely)! Not noticing he didn't start the name calling being a perfect example!

If the 211 is a piece of ####, it's a piece of ####! It doesn't matter what grade/brand of saw, it should work/be reliable if he's paying $800 for thing, he is entitled to expect some reliability.

Some think you should be born knowing saws like the 211 is a piece of ####! :dizzy:

Cheers mate. :cheers:

I have to agree

As a new guy here as well I have to agree. The OP did not start that fight. The troll comment was uncalled for. These forums are supposed to be for guys to learn. Treating someone like a jerk because they did not know that a Stihl was junk is at minimum rude and pretty obstanant. There are obviously some very knowledgable folks on here. Hopefully most of them choose to educate instead of insult. Flame away....

Last edited:
$800 NZD is the shelf price here

I get that, shelf prices around here are not the same as in US also. What i don't get is why would you buy it at that shelf price.

If the 211 is a piece of ####, it's a piece of ####! It doesn't matter what grade/brand of saw, it should work/be reliable if he's paying $800 for thing, he is entitled to expect some reliability.

This reads (to me) like it should be three times more reliable than the ones bought in US. If something costs a lot it does not automatically make it a high quality product. Yes, a high quality product will cost a lot, but it doesn't work vice-versa. Your $800 saw is a $300 saw regardless of what you paid for it. I don't know about other brands pricing but i'm certain that is not a best buy. If all else fails, you could import new pro grade saw for that kind of green.

Anyways the dealer should make it right and the saw will probably serve its purpose.

I get that, shelf prices around here are not the same as in US also. What i don't get is why would you buy it at that shelf price.

It may be more expensive than what you pay, but that applies across the entire range so the price is relative. For example, it is a bit under a third of the price of a new 660. I gather its about the same in the US, but someone else will no more about that.

This reads (to me) like it should be three times more reliable than the ones bought in US. If something costs a lot it does not automatically make it a high quality product. Yes, a high quality product will cost a lot, but it doesn't work vice-versa. Your $800 saw is a $300 saw regardless of what you paid for it. I don't know about other brands pricing but i'm certain that is not a best buy. If all else fails, you could import new pro grade saw for that kind of green.

That $800 saw is a $800 saw in New Zealand, regardless of what it goes for elsewhere, and how can you be certain it's a bad deal if you know nothing of the pricing?.
And as for importing, yes it is cheaper but you certainly cannot import a pro-grade Stihl here for $800. Some import tariffs apply and last time I looked into it the process wasn't exactly straightfoward. Combine that with a lack of warranty and the hassle of getting someone to buy a saw for you, box it up and ship it; its hardly worth the extra effort for most saws.

Anyways the dealer should make it right and the saw will probably serve its purpose.

I checked earlier and it should have a 2 year warranty, all going well the dealer should be able to sort it no problem

And as for importing, yes it is cheaper but you certainly cannot import a pro-grade Stihl here for $800. Some import tariffs apply and last time I looked into it the process wasn't exactly straightfoward. Combine that with a lack of warranty and the hassle of getting someone to buy a saw for you, box it up and ship it; its hardly worth the extra effort for most saws.

Tell me about it!

I guess everyone who joins this site should "bow down" to "senior members" WTF? LOL

I think someone is wearing there "arboristsite mvp" as a cape lol. :msp_rolleyes:

If i am a "senior member" doesnt make me any better then someone with one post, or someone who has never heard of this site for that matter, some people need to be slapped.

EASY!! Steady now, fellas,,,

Come on now guys, take it easy on him. So he opens with a rant and ya'll kick him when he's down. Heck my panties would be in a bunch if'n my new saw went south on me while on the 1st tank. Maybe he ham-fisted his wrench,,maybe is was a defect, I dunno. Perhaps it's 'cause he's new.

Hell, I didn't know The funny lookin' "orange" saws were the same manufacture of the best looking, most dependable red and black saws on the planet 'till I came on here!!:msp_w00t: This place is the best.

If you good people will join me in hoping the poor guy gets the shortcomings ironed out with his new saw, then maybe the world will be a better place !?!

Peace

Might be a little off subject, but i hear people from nz and aus dislike each other? are you guys conflicted?

Latest posts

Back