Stihl saw chain RS & RSK

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's correct your rsl is square ground rs...lemme know what your dealer gives you when you order the rsk...got me wondering...I'm still getting rslk
Hmm wander why Stihl told me no more RSLK? The roll I ordered was 3679 005 1640 thats 3/8 .050 Maybe a regional thing? So whats the advantage of running the Klassic? Is there a noticeable difference from RSL to RSLK in cutting or grinding?

What length? I just switched to .063 because no dealers around here stock 3/8 .050. Never thought moving would require new bar/chain combos.

I also have a 84 DL .050 3/8 bar... I was thinking of selling it but I would keep it if I could get a few RSLK loops for it :)

Not sure on length...I use .050 so I've never really checked on those bars to hard...I'll check on the 33rslk84 also...I'll pm you tomorrow

look at
Hmm wander why Stihl told me no more RSLK? Maybe a regional thing? So whats the advantage of running the Klassic? Is there a noticeable difference from RSL to RSLK in cutting or grinding?

look at the rakers ,the klassic are smaller ,my saw shop has rolls of every square size imaginable :D

Ok here it is

RS = Rapid Super = 3/8 full chisel

K = Klassic = slightly leaner geometry cutter

L = Square grind

H = Semi skip sequence

F = Full skip sequence

Various limited combinations are and are not made by Stihl. Refer to their website for all possible combinations currently available.

The End

Hmm wander why Stihl told me no more RSLK? The roll I ordered was 3679 005 1640 thats 3/8 .050 Maybe a regional thing? So whats the advantage of running the Klassic? Is there a noticeable difference from RSL to RSLK in cutting or grinding?

That's a good question but it might just be regional...supposedly the klassic clears chips better...has a slightly larger gullet and is good to use for bore cutting

look at

look at the rakers ,the klassic are smaller ,my saw shop has rolls of every square size imaginable :D

What saw shop is that? I used to live in Seattle, pre chainsaw ownership. Wife and I are planning a trip back and Madsens in on the list of stops.

......Refer to their website for all possible combinations currently available.

The End

Website smebsite...folks come here for the real dirt hahaha...I actually did put the website on the first page, before completely high jacking the op's original question...i just don't know how to make it a link:)

What saw shop is that? I used to live in Seattle, pre chainsaw ownership. Wife and I are planning a trip back and Madsens in on the list of stops.

That is one of the best shops in the state ,they will have what you want in stock ,used to get infractions here for saying their name because i don't think they are a site sponsor ,i think we can only use sponsors names in our posts ,hopefully things have lightened up some and make it ok if it's good info in a thread

my dealer doesnt carry square ground chain... looks like something i would like to try.. how do you sharpen them?

my dealer doesnt carry square ground chain... looks like something i would like to try.. how do you sharpen them?

Get a proper square file and You beg mdavlee to repost his video of him hand filing it...or get a proper square ground chisel grinder...I understand silvey or simington make a good one although silvey is no longer in business

I have been using RSC chains for a long time now they are a great chains easy to sharpen but the square grind RS chain as stated is really hard to sharpen you need a lot of patience to get it right something I lack sometimes:D:chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back