Stihl Ultra tastes funny!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When my dad and I used to work together he always made sure I knew he hated the Klotz I was using for a while. Something about perfume blah blah blah. I notice Stihl Ultra has a strong smell, but I still run it. No headaches with it though.

I once used some kind of cheap bar oil, and next thing I knew, I was swarmed by honey bees. They took charge over my saw for a few minutes.

Screaming headache last several times I used it. Never again. At least not in my fuel jug anyways.

Not sure what changed. been using it for 5+ years now.

Screaming headache last several times I used it. Never again. At least not in my fuel jug anyways.

Not sure what changed. been using it for 5+ years now.
Don't think anything changed.may be that our bodys had just gotten more sensitive.kind of of like developing an allergy.the headaches are a trigger mechanism to tell our body that something isn't righ just kind of curious on this since i am sensitive to stuff like canola,perfumes? In shampoo's,soaps etc. With whatever it is in canola i get severe gastro problems and have a numb feeling in my mouth and throat for a few days.soaps well... If i open most shampoo bottles its like an instantaneous case of pneumonia like symptoms.my head blocks up solid and i start coughing up fluid for 24 hrs.all trigger mechanisms just like a headache.i'm also sensitive to preservatives in hotdogs and what ever they put in milk products in the store especially milk.
I did contact stihl after my last bout with the hp ultra.i posted on some sort of public forum stihl has somewhere on the net.they sent me an email and i wrote a statement.i told them that my last bout was so severe that i couldn't hardly drive home from the job i was doing.i also told them of the cases that had popped up on a public ODPE forum.never heard anything else.of course i lost the email account i contacted them on.i would be a guinea pig for them if they need proof to fix the problem.in this case for me thats just a small problem with a headache BUT being a problem on the nervous system who may be out there that it could trigger something worse like seizures or something?

Don't think anything changed.may be that our bodys had just gotten more sensitive.kind of of like developing an allergy.the headaches are a trigger mechanism to tell our body that something isn't righ just kind of curious on this since i am sensitive to stuff like canola,perfumes? In shampoo's,soaps etc. With whatever it is in canola i get severe gastro problems and have a numb feeling in my mouth and throat for a few days.soaps well... If i open most shampoo bottles its like an instantaneous case of pneumonia like symptoms.my head blocks up solid and i start coughing up fluid for 24 hrs.all trigger mechanisms just like a headache.i'm also sensitive to preservatives in hotdogs and what ever they put in milk products in the store especially milk.
I did contact stihl after my last bout with the hp ultra.i posted on some sort of public forum stihl has somewhere on the net.they sent me an email and i wrote a statement.i told them that my last bout was so severe that i couldn't hardly drive home from the job i was doing.i also told them of the cases that had popped up on a public ODPE forum.never heard anything else.of course i lost the email account i contacted them on.i would be a guinea pig for them if they need proof to fix the problem.in this case for me thats just a small problem with a headache BUT being a problem on the nervous system who may be out there that it could trigger something worse like seizures or something?
cant be,,2123 says its all in your head...................

Never noticed anything really smelly about ultra but then we're mostly in open spaces.

Any fuel I've used in a confined space (ie in a bush or stumping next to a fence) has always stunk like hell anyway, can't imagine any 2t fumes are good to breathe whether you can smell it or not.

Think I'd prefer to have a bad smell to stop me breathing it in rather than no smell and be sucking it in by the lungful

Prolonged exposure over the years seems to make people more sensitive instead of immune to fumes, my old mans been driving a truck most of his life, and deals with gas/diesel/oil alot... Well ive got a little beater car i drive for the 35mpg, and the top of the gas tank is a little f---d up from someone stealing gas directly from the tank, so it vents into the car a tiny bit when its moving. It doesnt bother me at all I just keep the windows down, can drive it for 2 hours no issues, Dad rides in the car and he's nauseous after 10min ride.

Milk gives me the schmidts real bad..ill bust ass for hours after i eat cereal or somethin with milk

Milk gives me the schmidts real bad..ill bust ass for hours after i eat cereal or somethin with milk
Tried raw cows milk?that is the absolute only way i can drink it.
I know exactly what your saying.i could **** through a screen door and not hit a strand.:laugh:pretty bad that they can actually take something natural and turn it into something that'll damn near kill ya.:mad:

I refuse to use ultra it smell like burning sh** and cost to much.
I just use standard cheap 2 cycle oil either supertech or some canned stuff I find.

Back