the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hows this, our offshore company had so many offspring companys.
They buy the goods from one of the other offshoot companies, pay inflated prices and then claim it as a tax deduction while the other company makes huge profits.
Don't ask me how the merry go goes around but somehow for tax reasons, they have it worked out compared to the little guy

There will probably be some import of goods from overseas at that higher price to shift profits out or other reason .... Making their Aus costs and tax lower.

I'm buying this one to do a full resto on. Dunno about the dopey big handle bars these yanks put on em tho

Apparently it is physically impossible to fell a tree or use a chainsaw without a full wrap handle according to some of our northern hemisphere cousins.

Evening gents,
thought I would show off the old rodeo as its ready for sale.
now I don't want to sell it.
question is what's it worth,with its rebuilt motor and new tires and rego.
My neighbour did good job detailing her up, even resprayed the tub inside.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
Apparently it is physically impossible to fell a tree or use a chainsaw without a full wrap handle according to some of our northern hemisphere cousins.

I recon it would be bloody hard to operate actually its like a roll cage for a chainsaw

Evening gents,
thought I would show off the old rodeo as its ready for sale.
now I don't want to sell it.
question is what's it worth,with its rebuilt motor and new tires and rego.
My neighbour did good job detailing her up, even resprayed the tub inside.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Petrol or diesel?

460cixy, that looks like a husky 288 full wrap handle. They may look odd to us Aussies, but I bet if your standing next to a 5 foot plus wide tree with a 42 inh abr youd be happy to have it.....

cheers
Serg

460cixy, that looks like a husky 288 full wrap handle. They may look odd to us Aussies, but I bet if your standing next to a 5 foot plus wide tree with a 42 inh abr youd be happy to have it.....

cheers
Serg

So not the right handle anyway if that's the case and the filter cover looks off a later model too

Petrol or diesel?

Hullo, we have a new chap, did I see your self introduction.
You can tell all the bull sh-t you want here mate but,,,,, if you get caught out you will look a goose and be told of that fact.

Its my replaced work ute, 2002 (last of that shape) turbo diesel 2.8

Has had a full engine rebuild and pump done (it let go and needed a full rebuild). all bushes done last year and exhaust. Has 330 000km I think on clock and is a bloody good ute and I don't want to sell it but I have replaced it with a tritan and its 12 months old now.

Should get ok money for a diesel the v6 rodeos go past anything but a servo. What killed the 2.8 I thought they would of been good like the other Isuzu product.

I'm a piss tank and a pervert and I'm not very bright buy that's enough about me :jester: I added a few of my saws in my sig just now

Oooooo k,,,,
so you like 2100's, nothing wrong with that, show us some pics please, always good to see, little vids of saws cutting something are way better but.
:msp_thumbsup:

Should get ok money for a diesel the v6 rodeos go past anything but a servo. What killed the 2.8 I thought they would of been good like the other Isuzu product.

They are a brilliant engine, simple and go well for their size.
1st reason I thought it blew the turbo and bits went through the rest but the turbo is fine. I replaced that, the mechanic who rebuilt it said a valve let go and little bits went into number 3.
We rebuilt the head, full engine re done and then the pump as well, a lot of money spent under that bonnet. A mechanic mate opened the pump up 1/8 turn, maybe 3 years ago and it lifted its game nicely, he still recons that was not it's reason for failing.

Last edited:
Bound to happen but the Chinese now have a ridgey didge 066 copy. Previously they were just Stihl 038 copies with 066/660 stickers on them...

HTML:
Bound to happen but the Chinese now have a ridgey didge 066 copy. Previously they were just Stihl 038 copies with 066/660 stickers on them...

Haha that's funny, they contracted me a couple of months ago asking if I was interested because brought a lot of a/f parts off them...
I asked for some photos and they sent me ones of 066's from google images...
So I asked can I have photo's of actual product and yep.. They sent one's of an 038 with 066 badges.
I would be surprised if they actually copied an 066....
But if they have it would be a good cheap way to practise porting and mods on...

I'll wait for someone else to get one first, I would bet $100 that it would be an 038 with 066 badges...

Latest posts

Back