the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting on your response Neil, but your still waiting on my phone call suppose.

Originally Posted by ausneil 1
I would give it to someone who has one going.
Weren't you wanting to go racing in Oz a couple of weeks back.

Yeh I am still interested in racing sorry I haven't got a chance to give you a call,
Trying to get my saw up and running... My 372 project has bottom end issues and I need a 16" bar and square chain for my solo 690 I'll be running a 10 pin rim with...
What are the bar sizes for the classes of racing? Or I should probably just ask you on the phone

I'll wait for someone else to get one first, I would bet $100 that it would be an 038 with 066 badges...

You owe me $100 and as far as 038's labelled as an 066 I know as I've had one.
I was surprised too but alas, it's true. I'm always getting emails from them and pretty sure the vast majority is my contact details open to everybody as a sponsor of this forum. I've asked for pricing for interest's sake. I asked a few questions so here you go...
I take PayPal :)

You owe me $100 and as far as 038's labelled as an 066 I know as I've had one.
I was surprised too but alas, it's true. I'm always getting emails from them and pretty sure the vast majority is my contact details open to everybody as a sponsor of this forum. I've asked for pricing for interest's sake. I asked a few questions so here you go...
I take PayPal :)

Haha you may have got me here....
You import one for me and I'll come good on my $100 bet + cost of saw...
Ps I'm serious
Pps have you got them to take photos of the actual saws in the factory, I'd still bet the images are of genuine 660's photoshopped stihl decal removed and there own put on....

But if it is legit they would be good just to bring in and pull down for the a/f parts...
066 & 660 highest selling saw worldwide (or I think it is)

Haha you may have got me here....
You import one for me and I'll come good on my $100 bet + cost of saw...
Ps I'm serious
Pps have you got them to take photos of the actual saws in the factory, I'd still bet the images are of genuine 660's photoshopped stihl decal removed and there own put on....

But if it is legit they would be good just to bring in and pull down for the a/f parts...
066 & 660 highest selling saw worldwide (or I think it is)

Hey I'm not 100% convinced myself yet. I don't deal direct with manufacturers as they all want Western Union or TT transfers and to be honest I don't trust the vast majority of them. I have a Chinese mole over there who does the hunting, checking, and sourcing for me. He is very reliable, very honest, and hasn't even got close to ripping me off - I also only pay him on delivery so he knows he has to look after me. I've emailed him to chase it up and he'll let me know whether it's for real or not. I questioned this company after the initial email and they did send me extra photos that were a lot more convincing including racks and racks of these things plus one sitting on the floor of somebody's house on some pretty vinyl :)

Hey I'm not 100% convinced myself yet. I don't deal direct with manufacturers as they all want Western Union or TT transfers and to be honest I don't trust the vast majority of them. I have a Chinese mole over there who does the hunting, checking, and sourcing for me. He is very reliable, very honest, and hasn't even got close to ripping me off - I also only pay him on delivery so he knows he has to look after me. I've emailed him to chase it up and he'll let me know whether it's for real or not. I questioned this company after the initial email and they did send me extra photos that were a lot more convincing including racks and racks of these things plus one sitting on the floor of somebody's house on some pretty vinyl :)

Yeh I'd be weary of western union as it is untraceable, I order parts a couple of years ago with no agent and payed using T transfer, some of the parts I got we're rubbish (open transfers on closed tranfer type cylinders) from some places other place had good quality parts, what I found is I had to be very specific when ordering... I once ordered 029 cranks bearings but only got 1 bearing??? Another I ordered 025 air filters but half of it was missing on all of them same as 372 hd filter....
One day I'd like to go over and fill a container with a variety of stuff at least that way I know what I'm getting
:cheers:

Yeh I'd be weary of western union as it is untraceable, I order parts a couple of years ago with no agent and payed using T transfer, some of the parts I got we're rubbish (open transfers on closed tranfer type cylinders) from some places other place had good quality parts, what I found is I had to be very specific when ordering... I once ordered 029 cranks bearings but only got 1 bearing??? Another I ordered 025 air filters but half of it was missing on all of them same as 372 hd filter....
One day I'd like to go over and fill a container with a variety of stuff at least that way I know what I'm getting
:cheers:

Sometimes it is not outright deception either. Quite often the guys doing the selling have absolutely no knowledge of what they have. I've found a good guy and am sticking with him and bypass direct transactions whenever I can. He even did all the homework at importing a Sea Doo jet ski for a mate so he's pretty handy all round :)

Sometimes it is not outright deception either. Quite often the guys doing the selling have absolutely no knowledge of what they have. I've found a good guy and am sticking with him and bypass direct transactions whenever I can. He even did all the homework at importing a Sea Doo jet ski for a mate so he's pretty handy all round :)

I'm with you on that one that's half there problem, the people you deal with have no idea what a chainsaw or any of its parts look like.... But we do get the same thing over here occasionally at a stihl or husky store where the person behind the counter has no f n idea..
I've got a mate that goes over there a fair I should give him a couple of photo's of a 066 but then that's risky business too..
Let me know when you land one, I'll be first to buy one!!!:msp_thumbup:

Good chance that if I land one I'll send it straight to Stihl :)

I'd say they'd be already on to it... The old 038 copies are one thing, but the 660.. That would hurt them too much for them not to pour all there dollars in to stamp it out :cheers:

Hey here is another genuine 066 copy. This sort of proves my comment that most these guys have no idea :)

MS 066 Chain Saw 5.2kw big fuel tank, View steel chain saw , Product Details from Guangzhou VLAIS Electric Equipment Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

Even if you stretch your eyelids with your fingers it still doesn't look like an 066:msp_tongue:

If they had half a brain they'd start mass producing bike saws... I'm sure they'd sell like hot cakes and they wouldn't be breaking any patent laws

I'm sorry, but I just can't understand why some of you guys support this Chinese junk??? Saving money, making it or otherwise......... In the long term, on so many levels it will be our undoing I'm afraid.

I got an email today from China telling me they were selling 066 copies cause i have purchased from them before.
I just deleted it as I don't need any parts, or cheap saws etc.
You can still get 660's so why bother with crap.

I'm sorry, but I just can't understand why some of you guys support this Chinese junk??? Saving money, making it or otherwise......... In the long term, on so many levels it will be our undoing I'm afraid.

I understand where you're coming from Serge but that "Made In Germany" sticker on Stihl saws sort of falls apart when you pull the lid and CHINA is written across the carby.

I got an email today from China telling me they were selling 066 copies cause i have purchased from them before.
I just deleted it as I don't need any parts, or cheap saws etc.
You can still get 660's so why bother with crap.

If I was to get one in it isn't for any major business deal but purely out of interest. I've been down this path before on AS. I got a couple of 365 copies in to run some BB kits on and it was like I'd raped and murdered 100 school kids.
This isn't some grand plan on me wiping out western society as our government is doing a good job of that already :)

If anyone thinks I'm trying to shaft Stihl Australia I've spent about $10k on Australian sourced Stihl gear this year...

Originally Posted by ausneil 1
I would give it to someone who has one going.
Weren't you wanting to go racing in Oz a couple of weeks back.

Still waiting on your response Neil, but your still waiting on my phone call suppose. Yeh I am still interested in racing sorry I haven't got a chance to give you a call,
Trying to get my saw up and running... My 372 project has bottom end issues and I need a 16" bar and square chain for my solo 690 I'll be running a 10 pin rim with...
What are the bar sizes for the classes of racing? Or I should probably just ask you on the phone

Hewston, we have a problem !!!!!!!!

1stly,,,,
I gave you the opertunity to email or phone me direct regarding possible race inclusion, as I don't know who you are or where you are from or if you even have any interest at all in racing.
2ndly,,,,
we will not disscuss NSW racing events, structures or requirements on any open forums. You may see pic's or an odd vid from different races, however that is it.
3rdly,,,,
after reading your posts / replies on the other threads plus your post here stating your intension to run big sprockets on small saws, then wanting 16'' bars gives myself and the other racing members here the wrong impression.

Simply, a direct call and chat will sort all that out, any genuine guy keen would of done that soon as the opertunity arrised.

Last edited:
I have a few Chinese quads, they go fine and for what you pay, they are still going after 7 years.
I have purchased a few Chinese saws before, in the end the only thing worth saving was the bars and Carlton chain.
If you could put on a decent carby and ignition system, they would be fine as the motors themselves are quite good but let down by the other components.
The thing I find that lets down Chinese gear the most is the quality of their rubber goods.
If you change out hoses and decent carb kit etc, you will start to get some reliability .
My previous response was not to bag anyone but to state that I could not be bothered by cheap gear that I have to fix in order for it to have some reliability.
For the record, about 12 years ago I purchased a Bunnings McCulloch chainsaw that I mainly used for pruning mango trees .
It stopped after 10 years and after mucking around with it , I purchased another as they are cheap.
It still goes and I give it all the sh#t jobs like cutting palm tree roots that are in the dirt etc.
The McCulloch saw says it is made by Husqvarna in China.

I know there are different factories in China that produce bikes and saws.
Some of the gear is quite good from certain factories while other factory's produce is crap.
You just have to fine a seller that has been selling a certain brand from a certain factory to do any good with their gear.

I have a few Chinese quads, they go fine and for what you pay, they are still going after 7 years.I have purchased a few Chinese saws before, in the end the only thing worth saving was the bars and Carlton chain.
If you could put on a decent carby and ignition system, they would be fine as the motors themselves are quite good but let down by the other components.
The thing I find that lets down Chinese gear the most is the quality of their rubber goods.
If you change out hoses and decent carb kit etc, you will start to get some reliability .
My previous response was not to bag anyone but to state that I could not be bothered by cheap gear that I have to fix in order for it to have some reliability.
For the record, about 12 years ago I purchased a Bunnings McCulloch chainsaw that I mainly used for pruning mango trees .
It stopped after 10 years and after mucking around with it , I purchased another as they are cheap.
It still goes and I give it all the sh#t jobs like cutting palm tree roots that are in the dirt etc.
The McCulloch saw says it is made by Husqvarna in China.

I know there are different factories in China that produce bikes and saws.
Some of the gear is quite good from certain factories while other factory's produce is crap.
You just have to fine a seller that has been selling a certain brand from a certain factory to do any good with their gear.

I am interested in 1 or 2 of those quods, can you pm some more info on those please.

interesting assessment on your saws too, and again I will say I have no problem with a china copy if that is what it was bought as. I just hate them being sold as genuine saw's or just as bad, owners who pass them off as genuine saws. Its wrong, its lying, its everything except the fact and, those who do are just frawd's.

ps... I too have a copy from Matt, its going fine and has been altered and played with as well, it still is a copy but was an interesting exercise between Matt and myself.

Last edited:
I pulled the terrible twins out today to do some work in the yard I may stand corrected but I believe this was the biggest selling and longest running husky model

And I have a bar here for matt to dress up for me :popcorn:

Latest posts

Back