the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Called a 'cosy', we had one as a kid too and our house would've been 100 years old.
I'll ask mum about it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ok, Im just curious if it was because there was an actual advantage to using coal (i.e. supply, heat, storage ???) or if it was just a carry over from our UK influences? My mum had one also when she grew up in Adeladie. Apparently malley root was the flavour of choice.

I also wonder if there was any loss of heat or efficiency using timber in these?

ok, Im just curious if it was because there was an actual advantage to using coal (i.e. supply, heat, storage ???) or if it was just a carry over from our UK influences? My mum had one also when she grew up in Adeladie. Apparently malley root was the flavour of choice.

I also wonder if there was any loss of heat or efficiency using timber in these?

Actually I think it was coke, not coal ?

im just a groupie, i drew an 11 on to feel closer to them.

er, style is bluegrass. good listens are The Dillards (my personal fave, try 'The Whole World Round and There Is A Time) , Earl Scruggs and Lester Flatt.
Duelling Banjos would be a famous tune you'd know.

If youre looking for a new musical direction try Skiffle. Lonnie Donnegan was the main man. listen to 'Cumberland Gap'.
We used to put on dance parties or 'Doofs' back home and mix this stuff in!

Very hard to find a coal fireplace large enough to feed it timber, cant really get much happening. coal burns very hot so you dont need a lot.
not sure what the go is but i hear in some parts up in the chitty you can only burn coal for the emissions. my thought is that a well set up and maintained wood fire would burn cleaner but who knows what the go is, it was only a comment a while back from someone.

Blugrass at Vol. 11.

Happy days.

Anyone else here a fan?

SWMBO was away at work today so I was able to put some Roadhouse podcasts and some Zydeco, loud enuff for the neighbours to hear :rock:

Love to listen to bluegrass also, Orange Blossom Special one of my fav songs,

Last edited:
indeed

i secretly played it but would have been an outcast had my crew known!!! we diddnt play much mainstream stuff, all underground white labels and cloak n dagger set up!

Keep at it Serg, you'll come up with something.

That would be a metal flue up an old brick chimney. It's very common as alot of fireplaces are fitted with woodheaters. Ours has been done and has the flue out the chimney.

As far as reverse cycle aircons being used for heaters, it's extremely common down here even if there is a wood heater fitted. Ours does get used as a heater from time to time but some oldies for instance who can't load woodheaters any more use these.

Do you fellas realise how many a/c systems I install in houses that already have fireplaces and combustion heaters but people want the a/c for heating as either a) they want instant heat, or b) find wood prices over the top these days :p

It's a widdle bit cold where I live :)

Huh? I went the other way. But in 6 years in tas heating power went from 6 to 19c per kilowatt hour.

House has never been warmer, damp is not a problem (was fighting mould in a couple of rooms on the south side)

And I can buy pretty decent wood for $80 a metre here. Just cut one inch too long.

Bloody busy here I haven't been on for a day working in the shed. And we'll done Neil for another win. Husky I hope none of that other try hard junk :msp_sleep:

Huh? I went the other way. But in 6 years in tas heating power went from 6 to 19c per kilowatt hour.

House has never been warmer, damp is not a problem (was fighting mould in a couple of rooms on the south side)

And I can buy pretty decent wood for $80 a metre here. Just cut one inch too long.

Yer bloody kidding me ??!!

We're paying nearly double that here !!

Seriously, and some are finding it's still cheaper than firewood. (not moi though, don't even have an a/c yet I know this bloke that can get 'em for a good price. Go figure....)

Matt (460cixy Matt :D)

Quick brake Q.

Booster twelve months old (genuine TRW) (previous had typical crack around m/c studs)
New vac pump but aftermarket Bearmach, not crap genuine Wabco (8 months or so old)

Nice firm pedal yet seemingly more pedal pressure needed than in the past and definitely more than the GU, yet the Landy used to have a better pedal yet seemingly more stopping power than the Patrol ??

Crap pads ? (Ferodo, been good in the past, usually recovered well from a fade period.....maybe I've hammered them once too often :monkey:) Sus M/C ? or possible crap vac pump ?

If possible vac pump, what sort of vacuum reading and where ?

Don't you just love work related questions after hours :D

Seriously, and some are finding it's still cheaper than firewood. (not moi though, don't even have an a/c yet I know this bloke that can get 'em for a good price. Go figure....)

Rick I'm looking at fitting mums old reverse cycle in my shed she just fitted a new inverter job in her joint anyhow the hvac bloke recons there changing the gas or some bs and soon won't be able to gas it. What's the scoop?

Yeah but even on the coast, out is 2-13 say, to keep inside at 18 with ac it's working hard. A lack of wall insulation doesn't help.

The fire easily is low-mid 20's.

Latest posts

Back