the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt, Thanks for the Husky parts, It looks better with the beefier spikes :)
attachment.php

Cut a load of firewood today! :msp_w00t:First time this year. Actually I think it's been well over a year! Snavelled illegally from out back I'm proud to say! Ran the 390 which has never quite cut it regardless with what I have played with. There has always been something not quite right with this bugger since the day I got her. Back to using my faves the 365,371 in BB form.

I must get that Chinese BB beaut out and fix that recoil and into action. Good little saw that one (from memory!!)

Hey Rick.....Mahindra! Who would have thought? :msp_w00t::msp_w00t:

That's disgraceful.
Here's a few pics of my efforts with the now , not so new 6401. This tree had been dead for I don't know how many years. About 30m from the house, our boundaries not quite that far, but we've got no neighbours on that side. So I cut it down!
Managed to clear a little track, wide enough to scrape the ute through. Narrow enough not to be too noticeable. 2 wrongs make a right? Don't they?
Borrowed the log splitter from the boss.
Had a serious amount of fun. Still got more to do next weekend.
I have posted these pics on another thread I started. But I just had to share the love some more.

That's disgraceful.
Here's a few pics of my efforts with the now , not so new 6401. This tree had been dead for I don't know how many years. About 30m from the house, our boundaries not quite that far, but we've got no neighbours on that side. So I cut it down!
Managed to clear a little track, wide enough to scrape the ute through. Narrow enough not to be too noticeable. 2 wrongs make a right? Don't they?
Borrowed the log splitter from the boss.
Had a serious amount of fun. Still got more to do next weekend.
I have posted these pics on another thread I started. But I just had to share the love some more.

My wood pile needed to be reduced as it grew to the point I couldn't pass a certain section of the back yard. I still have plenty left but still not quite dry enough. It's getting to the point the heat output is reduced somewhat. I was burning yellowbox and redbox and the dry stringy I just got is putting out way more heat. Plus I've been working 6 plus days a week. I nearly bought some! Now that would have been disgraceful!

Nice saw Wayne. They are one nice looking saw. What's it's configuration ?

Hey Wayne, I spent $250 on a grinder. Will that gain me any respect? :msp_unsure:

configuration ?.. stock 371 with a 20" bar... If that's what you mean.
$250 on a grinder, I'm not sure what that has to do with respect, as far as I'm concerned you have plenty of respect around here.

great work Will! :rock:

Matt, Im well aware of major companies having goods manufactured or parts at least in China for more than a decade. Some of these companies have set up their own factories. But it doesnt take from the fact the absolute junk coming from there and the huge number of knock offs and dodgy business ethics either.

configuration ?.. stock 371 with a 20" bar... If that's what you mean.
$250 on a grinder, I'm not sure what that has to do with respect, as far as I'm concerned you have plenty of respect around here.

Yeah mate, 371, 372 BB etc.

Noooo in the coffee world mate! I just bought a Breville BCG800 grinder. It had good reviews so I went with it! :msp_wink:

I had one mate and motor wise it went very well for a 250cc setup (more of a race type quad). I got it from a company in Melbourne and it was a 4 speed clutched manual that would wind out to a max of about 90kph. However there was a major alignment problem somewhere in the chassis or steering and I've heard of this from a few people now - at faster speeds it was extremely touchy to the point of being dangerous (nearly like it had too much toe in but that wasn't the case). It also has a wicked vibration from the front right wheel despite me having it balanced properly - I couldn't put my finger on it but above about 60kph the whole wheel would bounce up and down like a bastard.
It only cost me about $1750 new and when I put it together you could see the typical Chinese bolt hole alignment issues as always. I had to re-drill about a dozen holes when mounting the fairing. I ended up selling it as despite being great fun it was a bit too small for me.
The in-laws just bought a new Suzuki King Quad 400cc EFI model today (I actually picked it up for them). Really nice bike and at the moment they have a $1500 discount which brings it back to around the $6500 mark which is really good value. One of their rellies up the road bought exactly the same bike a year ago and learnt pretty quickly that you have to watch what fuel you run in it. Getting your unleaded out of the rusty old farm tank won't cut the mustard and it sucked a heap of water through the fuel pump and shagged it. The fuel pump and injector pump are a single item and a new setup was $1000.
I got it off the trailer and hit 85kph down the driveway no problem - plenty of stick. The father in law won't reach 40% of it's potential :) I will though...

I posted last year from memory that a dealer in the US told me when I was buying Tillotson and some Walbro carbs and parts from, told me that Zama and Walbro were now made in China .
Wether that is true, I am not sure but I got a fair bit of gear from him for myself which should last me years , in my bottom shelf of the beer fridge.
With my Chinese quads , we seem to be bashing the subject some.
I had a quad that was 4 speed and did vibrate and I adjusted the wheel track from factory.
My and my mates other quads are 5 speed and will hit 80 or more kms.
What I find with the smaller Quads is that with given speeds they all will wobble/ vibrate on rough , uneven terrain.
I find a trail bike a lot safer than quads personally.
I made my kids watch the safety demo video from Yamaha twice before I let them on the bikes.
We are all guilty of purchasing some Chinese gear, whether it be from Bunninngs or else where.
Very true that you get what you pay for but how many have something from China in the house.
I was told that only 2 places in the world make TV screens and the biggest one is China.
You get what you pay for no doubt, do you want 3 to 4 kids happy with a Quad for at least 3 years or only 1 for the next 7 to 10 years
Like I have said, mine are still going, do some maintenance , don't bash the crap out of them and they will last for the price paid
Cheers Wayne

Yeah mate, 371, 372 BB etc.

Noooo in the coffee world mate! I just bought a Breville BCG800 grinder. It had good reviews so I went with it! :msp_wink:

For the price the Breville BCG800 seems to be a good grinder (going by the reviews) but I've never used one, hopefully It will last.

My wood pile needed to be reduced as it grew to the point I couldn't pass a certain section of the back yard. I still have plenty left but still not quite dry enough. It's getting to the point the heat output is reduced somewhat. I was burning yellowbox and redbox and the dry stringy I just got is putting out way more heat. Plus I've been working 6 plus days a week. I nearly bought some! Now that would have been disgraceful!

Mate, it probably would have been the smarter thing to do buying wood if you have the coin, watch some one else bust their as#e but we are all victims of our own crime's at times

Another chainsaw vid for you guys, just to keep my quota up a bit :msp_wink: don't want you guys thinking I am all talk and no vids.

We had a big weekend at Mount Larcom Qld a couple of weeks ago with the Central Qld Championship. I had a win in the Open Postrip final for the first time in way to long. I drew a top billet in the final and except for the roll of the billet and a wedge falling out on me everything went to plan. I am the one closest to the camera

[video=youtube;-7JhEZnardY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7JhEZnardY&feature=share&list=UU2N-wO248QATJramMEoPwHA[/video]

good on ya will good to see the the finish was as enthusiastic as the cheer squad :msp_thumbsup::msp_thumbsup:

That's funny. I was tounge n cheek about where you got it from 'out the back'
I'm with you all the way there. Better off being fuel for the fire inside the house, rather than one outside it.

Well done Will. :msp_thumbup:

Haven't seen that disc stacking before. What a great comp! (taking nothing away from the ripping of course!).

It is a hoot, I used to get covered in saw dust before I put the deflector on, makes it a bit more pleasurable. The disk stack certainly is a crowd pleaser, at times you will see the whole crowd leaning to one side willing the stack to stay on :laugh:

good on ya will good to see the the finish was as enthusiastic as the cheer squad :msp_thumbsup::msp_thumbsup:

:laugh:

everyone didn't know whether to watch me or the wife near the end of the race, apparently whe was doing her best to be somewhat quiet, but was jumping up and down and kicking imaginary posts from the sidelines :laugh:

[/COLOR]

Mate, it probably would have been the smarter thing to do buying wood if you have the coin, watch some one else bust their as#e but we are all victims of our own crime's at times

150 bucks. I can't bring myself to do it unless I'm really strapped for time. I'm yet to and hope I'm not in that position in the near future. I don't mind going out, taking the dog and a can out for a load. Beaut bush out this way and plenty of wood. And I mean plenty of wood. Stuff the bull#### politics and I'll continue to snavel what I can get. Yeah maybe I'll get done for it, but even then I'll still be way out in front.

Latest posts

Back