The coolest muffler mod ever!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im finished with the muffler.

securedownload-9.jpg

securedownload-8.jpg

securedownload-7.jpg

Now its ready to go ECSAWS:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:
Hopefully he can do a before and after video since I didn't get one done

That looks awesome. How much area does the mod open up the muffler? I would like to do something similar, but I'm concerned about the muffler having enough backpressure.

That looks awesome. How much area does the mod open up the muffler? I would like to do something similar, but I'm concerned about the muffler having enough backpressure.

Total area is .331 square inches. I didn't measure the port area so I don't know the percentage of opening. The length of the pipes adds a little restriction so ideal might not be typical percentage. I ran it a little before I sent it to Copsey and it ran great.

Here it is, making some noise (MM only.)

[video=youtube_share;xDcIU165L2A]http://youtu.be/xDcIU165L2A[/video]

Awesome!!!!
Got me thinking... My 440/460BB MM needs one of those...
I like the idea of having tubes coming out both sides: Tribute to the good old dual exhaust 2 men chainsaws (such as my 1945 PPK). Too many projects these days, but I will surely use that idea one day.

Here it is ported and making chips. Only 5 tanks on saw
[video=youtube;lPm1UB90AY4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPm1UB90AY4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Very nice job on the triple pipes. The saw rips!! Wait till it's broke in and making total comp. :rock:

Awesome!!!!
Got me thinking... My 440/460BB MM needs one of those...
I like the idea of having tubes coming out both sides: Tribute to the good old dual exhaust 2 men chainsaws (such as my 1945 PPK). Too many projects these days, but I will surely use that idea one day.

Kind of like what i do?..pretty much all my saws are this way....this is my husky 395...View attachment 217967

Back