The coolest muffler mod ever!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FlyLow

FlyLow

ArboristSite Operative
Im finished with the muffler.

securedownload-9.jpg

securedownload-8.jpg

securedownload-7.jpg

Now its ready to go ECSAWS:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:
Hopefully he can do a before and after video since I didn't get one done

grommet

grommet

ArboristSite Lurker
That looks awesome. How much area does the mod open up the muffler? I would like to do something similar, but I'm concerned about the muffler having enough backpressure.

FlyLow

FlyLow

ArboristSite Operative
That looks awesome. How much area does the mod open up the muffler? I would like to do something similar, but I'm concerned about the muffler having enough backpressure.

Total area is .331 square inches. I didn't measure the port area so I don't know the percentage of opening. The length of the pipes adds a little restriction so ideal might not be typical percentage. I ran it a little before I sent it to Copsey and it ran great.

Isna

Logging and sharing it (teaching)
. AS Supporting Member.
Awesome!!!!
Got me thinking... My 440/460BB MM needs one of those...
I like the idea of having tubes coming out both sides: Tribute to the good old dual exhaust 2 men chainsaws (such as my 1945 PPK). Too many projects these days, but I will surely use that idea one day.

stihl 440

stihl 440

Addicted to ArboristSite
Awesome!!!!
Got me thinking... My 440/460BB MM needs one of those...
I like the idea of having tubes coming out both sides: Tribute to the good old dual exhaust 2 men chainsaws (such as my 1945 PPK). Too many projects these days, but I will surely use that idea one day.

Kind of like what i do?..pretty much all my saws are this way....this is my husky 395...View attachment 217967

Latest posts