traded 290 in on new 441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Believe it or not there is a echo brand tach that is the same as the stihl edt-5. I think red and sawnredneck are running a special on them.
Really you might find one of those echo ones too.

Cut it was more like 2.5 hour refresh rate ..At least it seemed that long..

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
but it was accurate.........

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thats a great tach but no longer available from Stihl. Now they list the
EDT-7 and EDT-8. Neither one is as fast as the 303, grrrrr. Should be some 303's at dealers though, get one if ya can...

Believe it or not there is a echo brand tach that is the same as the stihl edt-5. I think red and sawnredneck are running a special on them.
Really you might find one of those echo ones too.

Still waiting on the paperwrork that RED was supposed to send me!!! I'll have to check on that!!!

NICE ONE CUT!!!! Props to you for that one!!!!

Still waiting on the paperwrork that RED was supposed to send me!!! I'll have to check on that!!!

NICE ONE CUT!!!! Props to you for that one!!!!

and you wasn't open this Holiday Sunday at 8pm when i stopped in, pizz azzed dealers you two are. ;) :laugh:

Thats a great tach but no longer available from Stihl. Now they list the
EDT-7 and EDT-8. Neither one is as fast as the 303, grrrrr. Should be some 303's at dealers though, get one if ya can...

I sure was happy that I was talked into it 1 1/2 years ago.....;) ;)

Last edited:
I sure was happy that I was talked into it 1 1/2 years ago.....;) ;)

I had mine at the shop, the 303. After they discontinued them I took mine home and made the shop buy a EDT-7. I like the 303 alot better, its way faster but it doesn't read some of the new ignitions so we're kinda stuck with the EDT-7 now with some of the newer ignitions. The 303 works fine on all my saws though, thats why its home,hehe

Welp, gotta make a beer run!! Not really, but I am out of smokes and the local yocals are closed. See ya latter!

Thanks. I think I will try for one of those 2. I had one with a slow refresh rate, and it made tuning the saw a PITA! I might call my Echo guy tomorrow. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back