tree evaluations

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawrence Martin

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hi guys i was wondering if any one has a old or new tree accessement form.
I have a new tree company (5 years old) i am getting to the point where clients call up and say that they want the trees and shrubs evaluated/acessed (for health, vigour etc..) on there property.
I want/have to start charging for this now (time is money) verbal coments are not good enough if i want to charge money, so i am looking for a form .

If any one has one that would be great, I dont want to work in your back yard ,so Ilive in hamilton Ontario Canada
hope some one can help.

Lawrence martineau
play safe

I used to have one that allowed mapping out the property, space for keying out abreviations or marks and insect/disease present. I thought it looked too generict and slapdash, so now when I do it it is in the form of writen report.

"Hello Mr. Smith,

Today I insoected the woody plants for any concerns that need to be addressed. Attached is a sketched map to indicate specific plants in your landscape.

The Purple plumb you mentioned has some sighs of snail feeding and possibly leaf cutter wasp. The problems are only aesthetic and do not call for the use of pesticides.

Plant bugs are active in the hoeylocust and ash trees, this is common with these plant, and can be addressed with a soap application next year.

The norway maple on the east side has a weak union that makes it more suseptable to damamge from weather. Pruning and some cabling can reduce this risk.

The yellow in the front junipers is due to the constant shearing that has been practiced in the past combined with our naturaly high pH and leachates from the concreat foundation. "Fertilizing" with an organic product like a seweed or fish emultion can help restor color and vitality.

The second attachment is an itemized list for the suggested work.

You can contact...."

once you do it a while you can have boilerplate language you can cut and paste in your word prossesor to generate a the formal document. then you save a hard copy on file for a few years.

What good would it do for me to proof read it? I send it to my sister who has a journalism degree. She corrects both spelling and structure.

But she was not able to catch the big one i did on a report I did a while ago and listed affiliatins Wisconsin Arborist association and Iternational Association of Arboriculture:confused:
zbanghead.gif

Jim Ingram gave us all the tree assessment / appraisal folders this past Monday when he came to visit with us. The book in question is approximately $110 USD unless you are a member of the ISA / NAA in which case it is about half that. A friend of mine, who actually lives just a few miles from my house wound up winning a copy from Jim at the end of the visit, so maybe I will borrow his for a while? As far as the folders go, they look like they are worth the $ spent.

Latest posts

Back