Tree Felling With Bob Vila! WOW

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the problem i have with bob is no matter who he is talking to he "knows" more than them. seen him talk down to way to many in the trades who have a differnt but effective way to do stuff and bob just has to dumb it up.

George A. Finn III

Get his name right before you hurt the guy.
George A. Finn III

You made my life miserable searching for the wrong guy on You Tube.

-----------------

One good thing about Villa is that I fell better about myself.

I have confidence that if I ever became that pathetic and desperate for self-promotion, I have friends good enough to sneak up and hit me with a shovel. What a man-whore, they probably told Roker he could make a pine sandwich. And yeah, something other than gravity and "Big Timber Bob" was at work there.

'big timber bob'!:clap:

I thought he was gonna nail one of the spectators.

You know it wasn't supposed to hit that table. The notch didnt do anything.

Looks like he has mastered the craft as well as most any other Craftsman owner will ever bother trying. Least the notch was on the opposite side of the tree. Maybe next time they will squeeze in some wedges.

Wow i couldnt beleive what i was seeing there. Scary thing is how many are going to watch this and think thats how it is done. It looked like he was going to cut a notch all the way through the tree. I hope bob sticks with just using basic hand tools.

i would have been willing to bet money that was going to come back and hit him on the head hahah

gypsy cutter try landscaping

Apparently the tree curved a bit towards the notch. From where he was cutting it looked like the weight distribution was to the rear.

Notice how the notch didn't direct the fall? I wonder how that happened....hmmm....lets see, no the back cut had to be flawless, Bob did it, and it went all the way through the tree.

That would have been a really nice notch on a 16" tree...sort of...err.

Well, he didn't kill anyone anyway...yet. I didn't have the sound on. Hopefully he said "don't try this at home kids, hire a professional, or at least someone with a clue".

Mark

The first time I lost respect for Bob was when he was advertising the Robo Pliers for Sears.......and proceeded to put the pliers on the axle nut of a bicycyle......pliers on nuts just really makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up (Like fingernails on a chalkboard)!

After watching the video I have one more reason to disrespect Bob......

?????????????????????????????????????????

Wow, I cannot believe that he did that and that the network would air it.

You know that there are a group of people that are going to take this as the correct way of doing it.

I can see the lawyers licking their lips over Bob Villa's bank account now!

Come on now at least he is trying something himself for once. On all his shows he acts like a dumb arse asking how to do this and that before he tries to do it himself. He should have had an arborist there to show everyone how its done then he could take the credit. On second thought I dont think he is acting on his shows.....he is a DUMB ARSE!!!!

The first time I lost respect for Bob was when he was advertising the Robo Pliers for Sears...........

it was way before the pliers for me. he was fixing up an old New England house with a budget of 50K. he was 20K over and not even close to being finished. the man is a no nothing hack that talked somebody into giving him a show. every time i have seen his show in the last 10-15 years he has only reaffirmed my opinions.

I can see the lawyers licking their lips over Bob Villa's bank account now!

Isn't he bankrupt? I know he was, at one point. Doubt he's made a fortune from Sears or whatever crap show he produces now.

His problem came after about 2 episodes of TOH- when the gig of being the inquisitive idiot/Emcee on the show got old, he then tried to act like he knew what was going on. He never actually learned anything, so he just comes off like a JA. He's just a TV "personality" anyway, so he doesn't matter much in the scheme of things. If you take logging advice from Bob Villa, I say you deserve what you get!

Things like this re-clarify why I don't own a television.

The worse thing about the video is that someone is going to get hurt or killed if that follow that cutting technique like other's have said. I would think someone should contact the network and let them know before someone does this. I may check into it don't really know how, but am going to give it some thought. It's going to happed. I would have thought the network would have at least checked out the proper procedure for felling a tree first.

I would have thought the network would have at least checked

why?

they never bothered to check if the man knows anything about home improvements other than opening a wallet.

:monkey:

Latest posts

Back