Tricks for an etech 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replace the catalytic muffler. Bailey's has them ($50± with shipping) try local Husky outlet. DON'T try to mod a cat muffler. Do search on muffler mods.

How much stronger do you want it to run? A fast and easy gain would be to order the non cat muffler for a 357XP 503 91 75-04.

Last edited:
The cat muffler can be modded it's just a little harder provided you have the right tools!!!

The Cat contains things that won't do your lungs any good!!! You will NEED the Cat for warranty claim. It won't be warranted if muffler modded!!!

The 359 Cat muffler that I modded for an AS member contained nothing more that a perforated plate that needed to be drilled through.

Valid point on the Warranty issue..............I never really cared.............I wrench my own saws.............Chancey......maybe.......don't really care tho.

The 359 Cat muffler that I modded for an AS member contained nothing more that a perforated plate that needed to be drilled through.

Valid point on the Warranty issue..............I never really cared.............I wrench my own saws.............Chancey......maybe.......don't really care tho.
Platinum coating internal, changes carbon moxide to ? just like auto.
Did you wear a respirator? If not your choice; his too but he needs to make an INFORMED choice!!!

Platinum coating internal, changes carbon moxide to ? just like auto.
Did you wear a respirator? If not your choice; his too but he needs to make an INFORMED choice!!!

Didn't wear anything just a 3 second spin of a holesaw..............his choice...........but it can be done!!!

Funny

Only once.................ain't different than sniffing the ol' ladiies undies...............I know you've done that.

Be honest with ol' Rich!!!

That's funny because I always thought Mobil 1 2T smelled just like my grandmothers panties. And I always thought I was strange for that comparison, it's nice to know that I am not alone...

Good luck with the 359, $40 ain't bad though, and Bailey's is a good company to deal with. You would be better off getting a few things though to make the shipping a little easier.

Good Luck,
Jason

Last edited:
Hard knocks had the right idea and part #. I would make sure that the saw is broken in (at least 10 tanks) and also use Stihl RS, RSC or Oregon LG, LP chain. If you change to a non cat muffler, you'll probably have to remove/grind the limiter caps on the carb to allow you to richen the carb slightly. But I did that and it's not that hard.

Only once.................ain't different than sniffing the ol' ladiies undies...............I know you've done that.

That's funny because I always thought Mobil 1 2T smelled just like my grandmothers panties. And I always thought I was strange for that comparison, it's nice to know that I am not alone...

Grammy's panties..............Too Much Info on that one!!!

Only once.................ain't different than sniffing the ol' Ladies undies...............I know you've done that.

Good luck with the 359, %40 ain't bad though, and Bailey's is a good company to deal with. You would be better off getting a few things though to make the shipping a little easier.

Good Luck,
Jason

Griff just imagining knowing what Grams knickers smelled like may WELL put me in therapy.

I went ahead and ordered the proper muffler unfortunately I didnt need to order anything else yet. I am running a 20 bar with an oregon LG series chain.

Enjoy the catalogue

Hey JT:

Order up a Bailey's catalogue like the rest of us, then you too can salivate when you flip the pages and imagine what you can do with that saw. What size bar are you running on that saw? Are you using safety chain? This place is really helpful, and addictive, so enjoy.

Jason

Latest posts

Back