Trip to the stihl store....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the "no Glocks in .45" comment kinda threw me as well? Not only do they have .45ACP, they now have .45Gap, fills a hole that wasn't there?
10mm is a kickin load, yes, I save my brass, and have a few sprares as well. The .40 is the nuetered version, created because women couldn't control it? Sorry, I don't buy that!! I have a buddy, God I hate to admit this, but at 145lbs., she can out shoot me with my own gun!! Women can't control it my BUTT!!!
The really funny thing, Smith was so fast to market with the round, it was out but the only gun able to shoot it was the S@W 610 revolver!!
Decent round, just an upscale 9mm, which I am not impressed with either.
.41Mag., that was an inoccent cartridge, that again filled a hole that wasn't there. .357 can't do it, then get the .44, sorry, I don't dislike the round, but................
I even remeber the .41 Jericho/9mm convertable baby Eagles!! Who can say that!!
Topic? What topic?

Holy crap what have I started. I was just screwing around making sarcastic remark and its turned into this. Anyway Ill keep watching.:popcorn:

Yeah, the "no Glocks in .45" comment kinda threw me as well? Not only do they have .45ACP, they now have .45Gap, fills a hole that wasn't there?
10mm is a kickin load, yes, I save my brass, and have a few sprares as well. The .40 is the nuetered version, created because women couldn't control it? Sorry, I don't buy that!! I have a buddy, God I hate to admit this, but at 145lbs., she can out shoot me with my own gun!! Women can't control it my BUTT!!!
The really funny thing, Smith was so fast to market with the round, it was out but the only gun able to shoot it was the S@W 610 revolver!!
Decent round, just an upscale 9mm, which I am not impressed with either.
.41Mag., that was an inoccent cartridge, that again filled a hole that wasn't there. .357 can't do it, then get the .44, sorry, I don't dislike the round, but................
I even remeber the .41 Jericho/9mm convertable baby Eagles!! Who can say that!!
Topic? What topic?

357SIG is the best use of the 10mm/40 case...

:agree2: :agree2:
The 357sig is the baddest compact handgun round out. It packs very impressive velocity and energy into the target. .40 is a puss round when compared and the only + to .40 is the cheaper price.

The 357sig is the baddest compact handgun round out. It packs very impressive velocity and energy into the target. .40 is a puss round when compared and the only + to .40 is the cheaper price.

You guys are killing me!!! Maybe in the "compact/sissiefied cartridge", yeah it's good.
In the real catagory, the 10" is better in a lot of ways!

You guys are killing me!!! Maybe in the "compact/sissiefied cartridge", yeah it's good.

Really not a revolver group are ya? I'm just an ol 1911 guy with pistols, used to have a shortened Star S for a hidey gun. Otherwise revolvers fill most of my gun needs. I did have a Belgian HP but my daughter liked it more. Now I have a 41AE kit for it that I'll never use. Revolvers are easier to modify I guess. Its late and I ramble.

is that why the "new" .40 S+W rounds are the new undisputed "one shot stop" champs at 99% beating out .357 mag at 98%. you must be thinking of the "old" .40 S+W that barley broke 1000fps....

LMAO!

:popcorn:

Really not a revolver group are ya? I'm just an ol 1911 guy with pistols, used to have a shortened Star S for a hidey gun. Otherwise revolvers fill most of my gun needs. I did have a Belgian HP but my daughter liked it more. Now I have a 41AE kit for it that I'll never use. Revolvers are easier to modify I guess. Its late and I ramble.

How about blued 6" Ruger GP100 357 adjustable sights.I love this gun and would feel confident carrying it even though its heavy.:)

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, No NO NO NO!!!!!!!
I like my wheel guns just fine thank you!!!
Colt Anaconda, S@W Centenial, Ruger Super Redhawks, I have no beef with a wheel gun at all!! It's best for home defense, the "set it and forget it" menality you know!
I used to carry a 6" Anaconda to "back up" my Glock 19 back in the day. Never did trust that 9mm too much:monkey:

And you are right, it's been a day or two, it was .41AE, and it was made by Jericho arms, my bad! Thanks for correcting me!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, No NO NO NO!!!!!!!
I like my wheel guns just fine thank you!!!
Colt Anaconda, S@W Centenial, Ruger Super Redhawks, I have no beef with a wheel gun at all!! It's best for home defense, the "set it and forget it" menality you know!
I used to carry a 6" Anaconda to "back up" my Glock 19 back in the day. Never did trust that 9mm too much:monkey:

And you are right, it's been a day or two, it was .41AE, and it was made by Jericho arms, my bad! Thanks for correcting me!
I agree, my daughters house gun for years was a Model 28. Keep pulling the trigger til there is no more noise.
Remember the Baby Eagle came packed in a diaper.
Tha Anaconda is a nice backup. Revolver folks tend to aim more with only 5 or 6 shots and and a longer reload time.

did someone say Jeric...,er' baby eagle?

i went to the stihl store and they had lots of expensive stuff but not the "good stuff" like.....

attachment.php

nope not gonna find this bad boy at the stihl store.

:cheers:

I'll bet you don't want to be on the business end of a 357SIG...:)

I like it for the .357 Magnum ballistics in a 12+1 compact handgun.

did someone say Jeric...,er' baby eagle?

i went to the stihl store and they had lots of expensive stuff but not the "good stuff" like.....

attachment.php

nope not gonna find this bad boy at the stihl store.

:cheers:

ah, yes, yet another CZ75 knockoff. IMI was made in Israel, and marketed the 941 Jericho. A friend of mine had a shop....nice ergonomics!

The 40 Short & Weak is wimpy compare to the original 10mm used in the ill fated D&D Bren Ten. Even the Colt Delta Elite didn't take too well to prolonged useage of original spec ammo, so it was downloaded. My S@W 610doesn't share this weakness.

....back to topic....you won't find any toys like these branded Stihl, but you might find a Husqvarna

is that why the "new" .40 S+W rounds are the new undisputed "one shot stop" champs at 99% beating out .357 mag at 98%. you must be thinking of the "old" .40 S+W that barley broke 1000fps....

LMAO!

:popcorn:

How about post some of those "new" facts then? Any ballistics of any brand prove the 357 wins in every match. The 357 is hands down the better round when compared. It shoots flatter, has more penetration, more velocity, and the bottle neck design feeds better. Most pistols will hold the same amount of either ammo and the mags sometimes are lableled .40/.357 to show you can use both. I had a block with the same mags, traded the .40 bbl for a .357, then held a M&P and sold the block.

How about post some of those "new" facts then?

google is your friend my friend. :)

the facts are out there if you want to find them. ill see if i can drum them up later.

Any ballistics of any brand prove the 357 wins in every match.

any ballistics? how about terminal balistics? LMAO!

there are a lot of things that go into being a man stopper and shooting @ stuff on a bench is only part of it. kind of like looking at the specs on saws. you rembember how the Redman is only rated @ 4.1 HP! LMFAO!

it might be the round penetraits clothing better, i might be becuase it punches a biggggger hole, it might be because..., you get the idea. all i can say is the latest data i have seen is very comprehensive and current, .40 Short+Weak outstops .357sig by a considerable amount. you shure your not looking at old data? this stuff was collected in the last couple years.

:chainsaw:

the bottle neck design feeds better.

any prooff? :popcorn:

I had a block with the same mags, traded the .40 bbl for a .357, then held a M&P and sold the block.

you prolly had a Husky and sold it for a $tihl too.

:cry:

....nice ergonomics!

you know your guns!

:givebeer:

Latest posts

Back